Andrew C. Schwartz
Top rated personal injury attorney in Walnut Creek, CaliforniaCasper, Meadows, Schwartz & Cook
Andrew C. Schwartz is a co-founder of Casper Meadows Schwartz & Cook, located in Walnut Creek, California. Focusing his practice primarily on personal injury litigation, he provides representation to plaintiffs throughout the East Bay area who have been harmed as a result of motor vehicle accidents, defective products, dangerous property conditions and animal bites. Mr. Schwartz also assists people who have been the victim of police misconduct.
After receiving a Bachelor of Science in business administration from the University of Bridgeport in 1970, Mr. Schwartz attended the University of San Francisco School of Law and obtained his Juris Doctor in 1975. After graduation, he served as a deputy public defender with the Contra Costa County Office of the Public Defender before entering private practice in 1979. Admitted to practice in California, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern and Central Districts of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States.
Highly regarded by his fellow attorneys for his successful track record and high degree of ethics, Mr. Schwartz has received an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo. He has also been certified as a specialist in civil trial law by the National Board of Trial Advocacy.
Mr. Schwartz has been an active participant in several professional organizations throughout his distinguished career. A fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, he served for many years on the board of directors of the Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers' Association. His other memberships include the American Association for Justice and the American Board of Trial Advocates.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Animal bites, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1975, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.cmslaw.com/attorneys/andrew-schwartz/
- AV rated by Martindale-Hubbell
- Northern California Super Lawyers®, 2004 - 2016
- Co-lead counsel in Nguyen v. Xu, a case that resulted in a $13.7 million jury verdict
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA)
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Consumer Attorneys of California, Member
- Alameda-Contra Costa Trial Lawyers Association, Board Member, 1989 - 1992
- State Bar of California, Member
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Chairman, ADR Committee, 1993 - 1994
- Certified Civil Trial Advocates, Member, 1999 - Present
- National Board of Trial Advocacy
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- U.S. Supreme Court, 1979
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1975
- U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1975
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1975
- California, 1975
- University of Bridgeport, B.S. in Business Administration, 1970
- Contributor - CLOSING ARGUMENT, THE ART AND THE LAW, Callaghan's Trial Practice Series, Jacob A. Stein, Thomson-West, Section 374.50, 2003
Office location for Andrew C. Schwartz
2121 North California Boulevard
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
- Super Lawyers: 2004 - 2023