Clifford R. Horner
Top rated real estate attorney in Walnut Creek, CaliforniaHorner Law Group, PC
Practice Areas: Real estate, Business litigation; view more
Licensed in California since: 1991
The founder of the Horner Law Group, PC, Clifford R. Horner focuses his practice on real estate and other types of commercial litigation. He is located in Walnut Creek, California, and he provides representation to his individual and business clients throughout Contra Costa County and other parts of the East Bay region of the San Francisco Bay area. Mr. Horner has been admitted to practice before all California state courts since 1991.
Mr. Horner’s real estate litigation experience has included construction defects and contract disputes, landlord-tenant matters, easements, conveyances, and violations of covenants, conditions, and restrictions. He has counted among his real estate clients developers, commercial and residential real property owners, sellers and buyers, general contractors and subcontractors, brokers, architects and other design professionals, and tenants and landlords.
Apart from his real estate caseload, Mr. Horner’s litigation background has encompassed intellectual property disputes involving patents, trademarks and trade names. He has additionally worked on such matters as commercial collections, financial elder abuse and fraud, broker liability, trade secret misappropriation, partner and shareholder disputes, and contract breaches. Mr. Horner’s successful track record both in and out of the courtroom has led to a great deal of favorable recognition from his fellow members of the bar, including a 10.0 peer review rating through Avvo.
As an undergraduate, Mr. Horner attended California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, majoring in business administration and obtaining a Bachelor of Science in 1986. He then went on to pursue his legal education at the University of California, Hastings College of the Law, and in 1991, he was awarded his Juris Doctor. A past president of the Real Estate Section of the Contra Costa County Bar Association, he remains active in that organization as well as the International Council of Shopping Centers and other industry groups.
Practice areasReal estate: business, Business litigation
Condominiums & cooperatives, Landlord/tenant, Mortgage & refinance, Short sale, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements
- 50% Real estate: business
- 50% Business litigation
First Admitted: 1991, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.hornerlawgroup.com/clifford-r-horner-esq
- Top Attorneys in Northern California as Selected by Their Peers - San Francisco Magazine (2012, 2014 and 2015)
- Top Business Attorneys as Chosen by Their Peers - Top Lawyers (2014)
- Mr. Horner has been selected and named as a Northern California Super Lawyer for excellence in practice each year from 2010 to date. Only 5% of attorneys in Northern California are selected and designated to be Super Lawyers. Mr. Horner and Horner Law Group were also recently designated as one of the 10 Best Real Estate Attorneys by the American Institute of Legal Counsel for Exceptional and Outstanding Client Service and Client Satisfaction.
- Top Attorneys in Northern California - Super Lawyers Magazine Annual List (2015)
- Mr. Horner is the former President and served on the Board of Directors of the Real Estate Section of the Contra Costa County Bar Association; served on the Board of the East Bay Building Owners and Managers Association, served on the CEB Real Property Advisory Committee; served as president of the Contra Costa Chapter of the University of California, Hastings College of the Law Alumni Association; served on the Board of Governors of the Hastings Alumni Association; served on the Board of Directors of the Walnut Creek Chamber of Commerce and chaired its Civic Affairs Committee; served on the Board of the Cal Poly Rugby Alumni Association; has been an active member of the International Council of Shopping Centers and the Building Owners and Managers Association; and is a member of CEB’s Civil Litigation Advisory e-Panel.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo in 1986
Office location for Clifford R. Horner
800 S. Broadway
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
- Super Lawyers: 2011 - 2012, 2014 - 2023