Top rated family law attorney in Walnut Creek, CaliforniaBay Area Family Law Center, Inc.
Attorney Ethan Weisinger is the founder and owner of Bay Area Family Law Center, Inc., in Walnut Creek, California. Certified as a family law specialist by The State Bar of California - Board of Legal Specialization, Mr. Weisinger has more than 11 years of experience representing clients throughout Contra Costa, Alameda, Solano and San Francisco counties, who have legal needs involving any of the following areas:
- Divorce and Mediation
- Child custody, support and visitation
- Property division
- Spousal support and alimony
- Domestic violence
As one of only a handful of Contra Costa divorce mediators, Mr. Weisinger has achieved notable success helping his clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable agreements without the need for expensive, stressful and time-consuming court battles. However, he also has extensive trial experience and will not hesitate to take his clients' matters to court when necessary.
Whether inside or outside the courtroom, he maintains an unwavering focus on protecting the rights and best interests of those he serves, and he has gained a reputation for his compassion and integrity while helping his clients through a very difficult and uncertain time in their lives. He established his practice with a mission to deliver quality, experienced and highly effective legal counsel at affordable rates, and he is fully committed to delivering highly personalized representation and to helping his clients achieve their goals as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
A 2006 honors graduate of California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, Mr. Weisinger obtained his Juris Doctor, with honors, from the University of the Pacific's McGeorge School of Law in 2010, with a concentration in trial litigation. The State Bar of California admitted him to practice that same year, and he is an active member of the Contra Costa County Bar Association's Family Law Section, the Association of Certified Family Law Specialists and other local, State and national legal organizations.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Paternity, Prenuptial agreements, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2010, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.bayareafamilylawcenter.com/ethan-m-weisinger.htm...
- Association of Certified Family Law Specialists, Member Since 2017
- Certified Family Law Specialist, 2017
- Contra Costa County Bar, Family Law Section, Elected Board Member, 2013 - 2016
- Contra Costa County Bar, Family Law Section, Member Since 2009
- State of California, 2010
- California Polytechnic University, San Luis Obispo, B.A., co-majors in English and Political Science, Graduated with Honors Founded a Chapter of AETT Deans List, 2006
- GRADUATION WITH DISTINCTION, 2010
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars Award, 2017
- Family court judges should make decisions per the best interests of the child standard (Child Welfare Information Gateway, 2020). High conflict custody cases make this complicated, especially when reunification services are requested. In the middle of contentious proceedings, judges oftentimes receive conflicting information from parents. Judges and family law professionals can be lead astray, relying on unproven constructs and instruments not meeting the criteria of reliability and validity. Some victimized children have been mandated into reunification programs that are neither evidence-based nor trauma informed, causing them further harm (Chester, in press). This two-volume special issue on Parental Alienation and Family Reunification provides courts with critical background in child development, dynamics present in violent families, and how to evaluate the testimony of experts to ensure it values children’s views and follows evidence-based practice., Co-Author, Parental alienation vs coercive control: Controversial Issues and Current Research , Journal of Family Trauma, Child Custody & Child Development, Law, Psychology, Therapeutic Intervention, 2022
Office location for Ethan Weisinger
1600 South Main Street
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2014, 2017 - 2020
Certificates and credentials