Top rated Medical Malpractice attorney in Walnut Creek, CaliforniaBowles & Verna, LLP
Vanessa Efremsky is a partner at Bowles & Verna LLP. Since joining the firm in January 2021, she has continued to focus her practice on complex civil litigation matters, representing clients in the San Francisco Bay Area and throughout the state of California from its offices in Walnut Creek. Ms. Efremsky is admitted to practice in California as well as before the U.S. District Courts for the Northern, Eastern, Southern, and Central Districts of California.
A significant portion of Ms. Efremsky’s caseload consists of her defense of clients in personal injury and wrongful death litigation, with a particular emphasis on medical malpractice and hospital negligence claims. She has provided effective and aggressive representation to physicians, dentists, nurses, hospitals and other health care institutions, nursing homes, assisted-living centers, and first responders such as emergency medical technicians. Ms. Efremsky has also worked on the defense of product liability lawsuits as well as elder abuse and neglect.
Ms. Efremsky has additionally represented health care providers in licensing and disciplinary hearings before several state agencies, and outside of the health care area, her litigation experience has included the representation of well-known companies in the pharmaceutical and financial services industries. She frequently provides advice and counsel to clients on such matters as the federal Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, patient rights and safety, confidentiality, and patient consent.
Ms. Efremsky majored in health science at California State University, Fresno, receiving a Bachelor of Science in 1992. She then obtained her legal education at San Joaquin College of Law and graduated with her Juris Doctor in 1997. Her professional memberships include the Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California and Nevada.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Defense, Employment & Labor: Employee
- 50% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Defense
- 50% Employment & Labor: Employee
First Admitted: 1998, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.bowlesverna.com/about/about-our-attorneys/vaness...
- State Bar of California, Member
- FDCC Ladder Down Program, selected participant 2017
- Federation of Defense & Corporate Counsel, Member
- Contra Costa Mock Trial Volunteer, 2010 – Present
- Invited speaker at academic and community based hospitals on a variety of risk aversion topics
- UCSF Mock Trial: participant to educate emergency medicine residents, 2016
- Contra Costa County Bar Association, Member
- The Defense Research Institute, Member
- American Bar Association
- Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California
- California, 1998; U.S. District Court Eastern District of California; U.S. District Court Central District of California; U.S. District Court Northern District of California; U.S. District Court Southern District of California
- California State University, B.S., Bachelor of Science, 1992, Major: Health Science
Office location for Vanessa Efremsky
2121 N California Blvd
Walnut Creek, CA 94596
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2023