Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Woodland Hills, CA
- Free Consultation
The founder of the Whang Law Firm, P.C., Arthur Y. Whang focuses his practice exclusively on labor and employment law matters. From his office in Woodland Hills, California, he represents individual and business clients throughout Los Angeles, Orange, and Ventura counties and other parts of the state. Mr. Whang has been admitted to practice in California since 1999, and he is additionally admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Central, and Northern Districts of California and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit.
Mr. Whang’s primary practice area involves labor and employment law, and he has represented individuals and companies with respect to a wide variety of employment law issues. The types of cases that he works on include claims of discrimination, retaliation, harassment, wrongful termination, leave law, and various wage and hour claims.
Mr. Whang also prepares, negotiates, and reviews employment contracts, severance agreements, handbooks, HR policies, and compensation packages, including for C-level executives of public companies, and he regularly provides advice and counsel to companies on employment law compliance and best practices. His many professional honors and awards include being named to the Southern California Superlawyers list (an peer-based honor reserved for the top 5% of practicing attorneys) for 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022. Mr. Whang also has a “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo. After receiving a Bachelor of Arts in criminal justice from the University of California, Santa Barbara, magna cum laude, he went on to attend the Georgetown University Law Center in Washington, D.C., and in 1999 he was awarded his Juris Doctor.
Employment Law - Employee, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower, Sexual Harassment, Labor Law, Employment Discrimination
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2022
About Arthur Whang
First Admitted: 1999, California
Professional Webpage: https://whanglaw.com/about/
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States District Court, Central District of California
- United States District Court, Southern District of California
- United States District Court, Northern District of California
- State Bar of California
- University of California, Santa Barbara, B.A., Honors: Graduation magna cum laude, 1995
- , Executive Director of the Barristers’ Council, Georgetown University Law Center, Executive Director of the Barristers’ Council, Georgetown University Law Center, 1999
- , Southern California Superlawyers , Southern California Super Lawyers, 2022, 2022
- , Southern California Super Lawyers, 2021, Southern California Super Lawyers, 2021, 2021
- , Southern California Super Lawyers, 2020, Southern California Super Lawyers, 2020, 2020
- , Southern California Super Lawyers, 2019, Southern California Super Lawyers, 2019, 2019
- Named to the list of Top 100 lawyers in the area of employment law by the National Advocates, an honor roll of top 100 lawyers in each field, by practice area, Top 100 National Advocate for Employment Law, Top 100 National Advocate for Employment Law, 2018
- Video summarizing services offered by Whang Law Firm, P.C., Law Firm video, 2018
- B2B Services
- Personal Services
- We are proud to donate Chargers tickets for this very worthy cause, @GuidrysGuardian. Today is the last day to dona… https://t.co/OAH7n2THJZ
- We are honored to be named to the Southern California Super Lawyers list, our third consecutive year receiving the… https://t.co/npYHhXmXga
- Happy New Year from all of us at Whang Law Firm!
- We wanted to wish you a safe and healthy holiday weekend from all of us at Whang Law Firm. https://t.co/QtRNpQl9Jy
- Happy Veterans Day. Thank you to all who served and those who are currently serving this country. We owe you a debt of gratitude.
Last Updated: 5/15/2022