Carol L. Newman
Top Rated Business Litigation Attorney in Woodland Hills, CA
Carol L. Newman of Alleguez Newman Goodstein LLP represents clients in California in "palimony" (Marvin) cases between unmarried cohabitants as well as in real estate litigation and commercial and business litigation. She has 45 years of experience representing clients in both federal and state trial courts and throughout the appeals process.
A graduate of Brown University, Ms. Newman earned her Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts in 1971, graduating summa cum laude. She attended Harvard Law School before graduating from The George Washington University Law School 1977 with her Juris Doctor. While in law school, Ms. Newman was an editor of the Law Review. She is a member of the Order of the Coif and Phi Beta Kappa.
Admitted to practice in California, Ms. Newman also takes cases before the United States District Court for the Central District of California and the Supreme Court of California. She is a former President of the San Fernando Valley Bar Association and the Los Angeles City Board of Taxicab Commissioners. She was also a board member of Commercial Real Estate Women—Los Angeles, California Women Lawyers, and the Los Angeles City Board of Transportation Commissioners. She is a former co-chair of the Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Budget Advocates and is a board member of the Lake Balboa Neighborhood Council.
Ms. Newman has represented a diverse list of clients throughout her career. Some of these include asset managers, commercial landlords, property managers, business owners, shareholders and business partners, homeowners associations, unmarried couples ending relationships and those appealing civil trial court judgments.
- 50%Business Litigation
- 50%Real Estate: Business
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2022
About Carol L. Newman
First Admitted: 1977, Washington DC
Professional Webpage: https://angllp.com/our-professionals/
- Brown University, B.A./M.A., Major: English Literature, Honors: with highest honors (summa cum laude) and Phi Beta Kappa, 1971
- Harvard Law School, George Washington University Law School (graduated 1977)
- Commercial Real Estate Women – Los Angeles chapter, former Board Member
- California Women Lawyers, former Board Member
- President, San Fernando Valley Bar Association, 2016
- Provisors, Member
- US District Court for the Central District of California, 1989
- Supreme Court of California, 1988
- Editor of the Law Review, George Washington University Law School
- Order of the Coif (Top 10%), George Washington University Law School
Pro bono/Community Service
- Co-Chair, Los Angeles Neighborhood Council Budget Advocates, 2019
- The Esquire Network
- Los Angeles City Board of Transportation Commissioners under Mayor Richard Riordan, Vice President
- Los Angeles City Board of Taxicab Commissioners, First President
Last Updated: 5/15/2022