Top Rated Employment & Labor Attorney in Woodland Hills, CA
Cynthia Elkins, the founder of Elkins Employment Law, formed in 1998, represents employers throughout California in employment related matters, including providing advice and counsel, litigation defense, management training, and human resource consulting. Cynthia's belief in a proactive and preventative approach helps to avoid disputes and minimize the risk facing employers. This approach has benefited her clients over three decades of a successful career.
After graduating from California State University, Northridge with a Bachelor of Science in business administration, Ms. Elkins attended Southwestern Law School, where she obtained her Juris Doctor. Since then, she has represented businesses of all sizes regarding their human resource and employment law matters.
She is member of the Los Angeles County Bar Association and the California Lawyers Association (CLA) with membership in the Labor and Employment Law section, Litigation and Solo & Small Firm Sections. Currently Ms. Elkins serves as an advisor to the Executive Committee for the CLA Solo & Small Firm Section . Ms. Elkins was formerly a district director of the Conference of Delegates for The State Bar of California and conference delegate for the San Fernando Valley Bar Association. For many years, Ms. Elkins was on the board of directors of the Valley Cultural Center and held the position of trustee with the San Fernando Valley Bar Association. Ms. Elkins also volunteered her time as general counsel for the Woodland Hills-Tarzana Chamber of Commerce.
Throughout her career, Ms. Elkins has become an engaging, sought-after speaker and presenter on employment law topics. She has spoken at dozens of meetings for The State Bar of California, for private trade associations, private entities along with the California Lawyers Association, and local bar associations throughout California. A talented writer, she is also a contributing author to a publication for the State Bar of California and for the CLA.
About Cynthia Elkins
First Admitted: 1986, California
Professional Webpage: http://employer-law.com/about-cynthia-elkins/
- Southwestern University School of Law, JD Law, 1985
- CSU Northridge, BS Business Administration, 1982
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member of Board of Directors, Valley Cultural Center; Member Board of Trustees of the San Fernando Valley Bar Association, Member SFV Attorney Referral Service committee; Member, SFVBA Conference of Delegates; District Director for the CDCBA; Vice Chair, Board Developement Valley Cultural Center, General Counsel for the Woodland Hills-Tarzana Chamber of Commerce and Board of Directors for ONE Generation in the San Fernando Valley., 2002
- Advisor to the Executive Committee for the Solo & Small Firm Section (2006 to present) and the Litigation Section (2014 to present) of the California Lawyers Association; Chair of the 2019 and 2020 CLA Solo & Small Firm Summit; Co-Chair and Council Representative, State Bar of California Council of Section (2010 - 2018); Board of Directors for the Valley Cultural Center (2006 - 2014); Board of Trustees, San Fernando Valley Bar Association and Attorney Referral Service committee (2002 to 2012); Woodland Hills-Tarzana Chamber of Commerce (2007 to 2010); SFVBA Conference of Delegates and District Director for the CDCBA. I am a regular contributor to the publications of the CLA Solo & Small Firm Section including the soon to be published Opening, Growing and Managing Your Practice; regularly present and conduct MCLE programs for CLA, and speak throughout the State on employment law and human resources best practices., 2002
- Obtained a defense verdict after a 3 week jury trial in a sexual harassment case; i have successfully resolved cases on behalf of defendants through mediation and private negotiations. , 2006
- Sullivan Curtis Monroe Insurance Services , Lecturer, Employment Law For Businesses in California , All, 2017
- California Lawyers Association MCLE program, Presenter , The Business of Being An Employer- Critical Issues In Managing Your Firm, California Lawyers Association, Attorneys, 2018
- State Bar Section Education Institute MCL presentation , Presenter, Social Media Impact In Employment Litigation , State Bar of California , Attorneys, 2015
- State Bar Solo & Small Firm (2010 – 2020), contributing author to 3 chapters , The California Guide to Opening, Growing, & Managing A Law Office , Solo & Small Firm Section of the California Lawyers Association, 2020
- State Bar Section Convention , Presenter , Fundamentals of Litigating Disability Discrimination Cases... A Plaintiff and Defense Perspective, State Bar of California , 2017
- CLA Annual Meeting 2018, Presenter , Independent contractors…. The perils of mis-classification, California Lawyers Association, 2018
- I was honored to receive the 2019 Super Lawyer designation., Super Lawyer, Super Lawyer, 2019
- This honor was given to recognize the many years of community service to the many organizations with which I am involved - Woodland Hills-Tarzana Chamber of Commerce, Valley Cultural Center, San Fernando Valley Bar Association, San Fernando Valley Bar Association Conference of Delegates, the CDCBA and others., Golden Oak , Woodland Hills-Tarzana Chamber of Commerce, 2009
- All Industries
Last Updated: 6/23/2022