Top Rated Employment Litigation Attorney in Woodland Hills, CA
When he founded The Rutten Law Firm, APC, managing partner Howard Rutten knew he wanted to be an advocate for employees who had suffered wrongdoing. He represents clients in Studio City and Los Angeles, as well as those throughout Orange County, California, in matters such as wrongful termination, harassment, retaliation and discrimination.
Mr. Rutten is devoted to helping clients through some of the most difficult legal situations they may ever face. He is a member of the Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles, the California Employment Lawyers Association, the Beverly Hills Bar Association and the Los Angeles County Bar Association. These groups provide him with up-to-date information and a network of professionals useful in his practice area.
Throughout his career, Mr. Rutten has recovered significant awards for clients. For example, he obtained a $3.45 million settlement in a defamation case, and a $1 million settlement on behalf of a transgender client who suffered harassment.
Results like these, combined with his compassionate nature, are the reason Mr. Rutten has been widely recognized for his efforts. He is AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell, and he holds an Avvo “Superb” rating.
In 1989, Mr. Rutten received a Bachelor of Science in business from Arizona State University. He then graduated with a Juris Doctor in 1992 from the Golden Gate University School of Law. While in law school, he was a member of the school’s law review and made the dean’s list.
Mr. Rutten is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Northern and Central Districts of California, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
* AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
About Howard Rutten
First Admitted: 1993, California
Professional Webpage: http://www.californialegaladvocates.com/Attorney-Profile/How...
- Super Lawyer - Plaintiff Employment Lawyer, 2013 - Present
- Law Review, Member, 1991
- Honors: Dean's List Scholar, Golden Gate University School of Law, San Francisco, California
- Super Lawyer - Plaintiff Employment Lawyer, 2014 - Present
- Merit Scholar, 1991
- Super Lawyer - Plaintiff Employment Lawyer, 2012 - Present
- AV Preeminent Rating (5.0 Highest Rating) - Martindale Hubbell
- Arizona State University, Tempe, Arizona, B.S., Major: Business
- California Employment Lawyers Association, Member, 2007
- Beverly Hills Bar Association, Member, 2007
- Admitted, U.S. District Court Eastern District of California, 1993
- Admitted, U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 2001
- Los Angeles County Bar Association, Employment and Business Litigation Sections, Member, 1997
- California, 1993
- Admitted, U.S. District Court Northern District of California, 1993
- Consumer Attorney Association of Los Angeles, Member, 2007
- Admitted, U.S. District Court Central District of California, 1993
- $380,000 settlement of sexual harassment case against Real Property Manager, 2012
- $425,000 settlement of whistleblower/wrongful termination case against non-profit entity, 2014
- $225,000 settlement of FMLA retaliation case., 2011
- $950,000 settlement of whistleblower case by fiscal director of a non-profit Head Start Agency after exposure of fraudulent and illegal practices resulted in termination, 2012
- $500,000 settlement of disability discrimination/failure to accommodate case against non-profit entity, 2014
- $148,109 Judgment after Trial in breach of fiduciary action; Moshe Elyakim v. Yossi Attia et al., 2014
- $3.425 million settlement of defamation case against Fortune 50 company., 2012
- Summary Judgment defense verdict on $625,000 claim by Grubb & Ellis Company for real estate commission on $38 million property development affirmed on appeal., 2011
- $1,000,000 settlement of transgender discrimination and harassment case., 2013
- $175,000 settlement of wrongful termination/Labor Code § 970 Fraudulent Inducement to Relocate case, 2014
- $375,000 settlement of sexual harassment case, 2011
- Filed lawsuit against Toyota Motor North America, Inc. et al. for harassment and discrimination against an individual based on gender identity., 2012
- California Employment Lawyers Association
- Consumer Attorneys Association Of California
Last Updated: 5/15/2022