Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Woodland Hills, CA
- Free Consultation
As the founding and managing partner of Mandell Trial Lawyers, Laurence H. Mandell brings more than 40 years of experience to the cases he handles. The law firm maintains its office in Woodland Hills, but he also serves clients in Greater Los Angeles, the San Fernando Valley and all of Southern California. Mr. Mandell takes on cases in all areas of personal injury law, including airplane accidents, boating accidents, hit-and-run accidents, animal attacks, nursing home abuse and chronic pain syndromes.
Mr. Mandell completed his law degree at San Fernando Valley College of Law (now known as University of West Angeles). He was then admitted to practice in California in 1978. Because of his commitment to lifelong learning, he also graduated from the Trial Lawyers College and the National Institute of Trial Advocacy. Now, he helps prepare a new generation of attorneys through his contributions via producing podcasts, speaking at events, providing radio commentary and publishing several articles.
When pursuing justice on behalf of his personal injury clients, Mr. Mandell focuses primarily on getting them the maximum compensation possible. This has resulted in incredible wins for his personal injury clients, such as $14 million for a mass tort liability case and $3.5 million for a brain injury case.
Mr. Mandell believes strongly in the power of investing in his community and in causes that serve marginalized groups. Consequently, he spends a great deal of time taking on pro bono work and volunteering. Outside of law, he is an avid outdoorsman with a love for horses, skiing, dogs and tennis.
About Laurence Mandell
First Admitted: 1978, California
Professional Webpage: https://mandelltrial.com/team/laurence-h-mandell/
- Throughout 41 years of my legal career, I have tried various cases and settled multiple million-dollar cases. Early in my career in 1984, I went to trial on a serious leg injury case that was settled during trial for $2.5 million which I believe today would equate to approximately $8 million. More recently, my partner Rob Mandell (a super lawyer) worked on a case that went to trial that resulted in a $7 million verdict in 2017. In 2019 I accomplished a $3.5million settlement during trial in a traumatic brain injury case. Also in 2019, I participated in a mass tort resolution in the amount of $10 million In 2020 I settled a construction incident case where the client was struck by a metal pipe and the defendant insurance company offered zero until I proceeded through litigation and just before trial settled for $950,000
- Valley Lawyers Magazine (Ride On) on bicycle laws and safety, January 2021 issue
- A frequent speaker at Valley Influence Professionals providing legal information to other professionals in the community. Also, in 2019 I organized and was a keynote speaker explaining the benefits of a legal career to New Directions for Youth which is a non-profit organization to benefit underprivileged preteens and teens. Published author in the prestigious CAALA organization magazine the Advocate, and the San Fernando Valley Bar Association, Valley Lawyer, Lecturer and author, Managing Partner, CAALA and San Fernando Valley Bar Association, Community At Large, 2020
- Dog Bite article September 2020 issue (Who Let the Dogs Out) for the Advocate Magazine which is part of the nation’s largest consumer attorneys organization (CAALA)
- I have represented various professionals including doctors, lawyers, celebrities, and everyday people who have suffered at the hands of another and needed representation to compensate them for their harms and losses. I have successfully litigated cases in which the original offer was zero and turned the case around to a million-dollar resolution. The most recent case (2020) was a drowning case that resulted in a wrongful death claim on behalf of the heirs.
- Personally transacted with multiple mass tort victims in order to secure their muti-million recoveries, 2016
- Brothers-on-Law videos featured on YouTube and Apple Podcast regarding various aspects of the law including brain injury client/doctor discussion, judge interviews, specialty lawyer interviews including bedbug cases, bankruptcies, and asbestos litigation., Managing Partner, Consumers, 2019
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Achieved a hard-fought result during litigation for one million dollars involving a drowning victim where liability was initially denied Authored legal articles for the largest consumer attorney group in the nation on how to handle dog bite cases and local Bar Association on bicycle safety and laws. I was a co-trial attorney in a $3.5 million brain injury case resolution during trial, 2019
Pro bono/Community Service
- An active member of the Trial Lawyers Charity which helps families in need. Also, the Brothers on Law radio show provides a community service to the public at large for information and knowledge about the law. On an ongoing basis, I have counseled clients on personal injury and general law cases at no charge to promote the practice of law and give back to the community, 2019
- Radio commentator for Brothers on Law which features interviews with professionals including doctors, lawyers, and healthcare professionals focusing on public education and the law. Featured lecturer at bicycle organization groups and business network groups. Featured lecturer for doctors on medical liens Mentor for California Attorneys Association of Los Angeles Mediator and Arbitrator for personal injury cases, 2020
- 1975 California State University Northridge graduated Honors Cum Laude 1978 San Fernando Valley College of Law 1985 California Trial Lawyers Association Certificate of Accomplishment Advanced Trial Advocacy 2001 National Institute of Trial Advocacy Trial Skills Diploma 2016- 2018 Trial Lawyers College (4-week on-site program) and Regional programs 2016- Lummi Island Trial Advocacy course 2019-present Trial by Human courses 2017-present Trojan Horse Methodology and Case Analysis, 2021
- Martindale Hubbell AV rating; Lawyer of Distinction Award; Published articles in consumer lawyer magazines, Managing Partner, Martindale Hubbell, 2021
- This is a program through the Los Angeles Superior Court to alleviate caseload for the courts., Volunteer as a settlement officer with Resolve Law LA, Los Angeles Superior Court, 2020
- Client of Distinction award
Last Updated: 6/23/2022