Leon F. Bennett
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Woodland Hills, CA
Leon F. Bennett is a family law attorney in Woodland Hills, California. The founder of the Law Offices of Leon F. Bennett, Mr. Bennett handles all types of family law matters, including high-asset divorce. He serves clients throughout the San Fernando Valley.
In his more than 30 years as a family law attorney, Mr. Bennett has reached the best results for his clients through mediation and litigation in many complex cases. In addition to high-asset divorce, he has experience with cases involving child support, custody, domestic violence, grandparents’ rights, guardianships, paternity, prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, property rights, same-sex divorce and spousal support.
Mr. Bennett holds an AV Preeminent* rating from Martindale-Hubbell. This is the highest rating from the organization, awarded to attorneys possessing exceptional legal ability and high ethical standards.
Serving in leadership positions over the years, Mr. Bennett is a former president and co-founder of Family Divorce Solutions of San Fernando Valley, a past president of the Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association and a former trustee of the Los Angeles County Bar Association. He has also held several leadership roles in the San Fernando Valley Bar Association, spoken at continuing legal education events and produced a legal community outreach television series.
In addition to his legal roles and responsibilities, Mr. Bennett contributes to his community through participation in youth sports organizations. Roles he has served include board member, coach, fundraiser and referee.
Mr. Bennett earned his law degree from Southwestern Law School. He obtained his license to practice law in 1984, which qualified him to appear before all California state courts.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Family Law
- 20%Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2022
About Leon F. Bennett
First Admitted: 1984, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.leonfbennettlaw.com/about-us/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, Woodland Hills/Tarzana Chamber of Commerce
- California Interscholastic Federation (CIF)
- President, Tarzana/Encino Rotary Club International
- Member, Provisors
- Co-Founder and President of the Family Divorce Solutions (FDS), 2013
- Treasurer, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Co-Founder, San Fernando Valley Collaborative Professionals
- Member, Beverly Hills Bar Association
- President, Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association, 2016
- President, Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association, 2018
- Secretary, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Trustee, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- President-Elect, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- President, San Fernando Valley Collaborative Professionals, 2015
- President, Los Angeles Collaborative Family Law Association, 2017
- President, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Trustee, San Fernando Valley Bar Association
- Member, Ventura County Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Selected for inclusion in Southern California Super Lawyers
- Through its Peer Review Rating, Martindale-Hubbell has awarded Mr. Bennett the status of AV Preeminent Rated Lawyer for 22 consecutive years. This award is based upon review ratings by peers within the legal community and is granted only to those lawyers demonstrating the highest of ethical standards and professional ability., AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Southern California's Top Rated Lawyers represent a select group of Southern California lawyers who have been recognized for their superior legal abilities and ethical standards., Southern California's Top Rated Lawyers, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- Lecturer, Family Law, California's Continuing Education of the Bar
- Domestic Partners
- Motion Picture/Television
- Public Service
Last Updated: 5/15/2022