Top rated Family Law attorney in Aurora, ColoradoAschenberg Law Group P.C.
The founder of the Aschenberg Law Group in Aurora, Colorado, Jesse Aschenberg is a family law attorney helping clients across the Denver metro region with various legal matters involving:
- Divorce and separation
- Child custody and support
- Premarital agreements
- Post-divorce modifications
- Tax law
Graduating with a B.A. in sociology from the University of Northern Colorado, Mr. Aschenberg went on to pursue his legal studies at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. Earning his Juris Doctor in 2001, he was licensed to practice in Colorado the same year, and later, gained admissions before the Federal Bankruptcy Court and the United States Tax Court. Over the course of his legal career, he has obtained extensive experience in family law, bankruptcy and estate planning law.
Mr. Aschenberg has an “Excellent” rating on Avvo along with numerous five-star client reviews and a Client's Choice award. He has also received the Platinum Client Champion award and has been peer-review rated as AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, the highest rating standard for attorneys in the U.S.
A licensed attorney for more than 2 decades, Mr. Aschenberg is a member of the Aurora Bar Association and the Colorado Bar Association’s Family Law Section. He also serves on the Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee, a nonprofit organization comprised of attorneys, mental health professionals, mediators and community service organizations focused on family law matters.
Actively involved in his community, Mr. Aschenberg volunteers with Special Olympics as a partner with a special needs child on the aurora golf team. Furthermore, he offers pro bono services through the Denver Bar Association’s Metro Volunteer Lawyers and the Justice and Mercy Legal Aid Center.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasFamily Law, Bankruptcy: Consumer, Alternative Dispute Resolution
Alimony & Spousal Support, Bankruptcy Law, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Mediation
- 70% Family Law
- 20% Bankruptcy: Consumer
- 10% Alternative Dispute Resolution
First Admitted: 2001, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://aschenberg.law/about-us/
- Batchelor of Arts from the University of Northern Colorado, 1995
- Licensed to practice law in Colorado, 2001
- 40-hour certified mediator training course completed. , 2023
- Licensed to Practice Law in the Federal Bankruptcy Court, 2001
- Licensed to practice before the United States Tax Court, 2010
- On November 11, 2020, Mr. Aschenberg coordinated and chaired a panel discussion titled: Active Addiction and Divorce: Tips, Tricks, and Strategies to Successfully Managing a Case Involving Addiction Issues, Presenter, Attorney, CLE Colorado, Family Law Attorneys, 2020
- Aurora Bar Association Secretary. https://www.cobar.org/Local-Bar-Associations/Aurora-Bar-Assocation/Aurora-Bar-Association-Leadership, 2022
- Secretary of the Aurora Bar Association , 2023
- Colorado Bar Association
- Member of the Denver Metro Interdisciplinary Committee. The Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee is a non-profit organization comprised of attorneys, mental health professionals, mediators and community service organizations focused on Family Law issues. https://metrodenveridc.com/, 2022
- Member of the Colorado Bar Association Family Law Section, 2022
- Volunteer with Special Olympics as a partner with a special needs child on the aurora golf team. We play golf with Special Olympics every Tuesday evening with other members of Special Olympics and their partners, 2022
- Volunteer with the Arapahoe County Bar Association on a monthly basis at the pro se family law clinic, 2023
- Volunteer with Metro Volunteer Lawyers on pro bono cases and as a mentor, 2023
- Justice and Mercy Legal Aid Center
- Volunteer Attorney with the Justice and Mercy Legal Aid Clinic (www.JAMLAC.org), 2020 - 2022
- Volunteer Attorney with Denver Metro Volunteer Lawyers. Volunteered 30 hours, 2020 - 2022
- Platinum Client Champion, the top award, recognizes those attorneys who have received 10 or more client reviews and an average score of 4.5 or higher (out of 5.0), Martindale Platinum Client Champion Award, https://www.martindale.com/attorney/jesse-c-aschenberg-300456838/, 2022
- I received a pro bono achievement award from the Colorado Supreme Court for my service. https://www.courts.state.co.us/Courts/Supreme_Court/Pro_Bono.cfm, Pro Bono Recognition Program - Colorado Supreme Court, Colorado Supreme Court, 2022
- AV Preeminent: The highest peer rating standard. This is given to attorneys who are ranked at the highest level of professional excellence for their legal expertise, communication skills, and ethical standards by their peers, 2002, 2021, Martindale AV Preeminent Attorney Award, https://www.martindale.com/attorney/jesse-c-aschenberg-300456838/
- AVVO Client's Choice Award, https://www.avvo.com/attorneys/80015-co-jesse-aschenberg-1382729.html, 2021
- 2020DR001222 - Arapahoe County - Grandmother was awarded sole custody of her granddaughter over the objection of her parents. The court found the parents were unfit and it was in the best interest of the minor child for the grandmother to have full custody of her granddaughter, 2022
Office location for Jesse Aschenberg
6105 S Main St
Aurora, CO 80016
- Super Lawyers: 2023 - 2024