Top Rated Civil Litigation Attorney in Boulder, CO
Managing partner of civil litigation at Burnham Law, Aaron Belzer represents clients in Boulder, Colorado. His practice is focused on both civil litigation and appeals. With a passion for civil litigation, he founded the division within the firm. In 2019, he was given the prestigious Trial Skills Certificate, and he is a certified by the National Institute for Trial Advocacy as a trial lawyer.
Admitted to practice in the state of Colorado since 2014, Mr. Belzer has an Avvo “Superb” rating and in 2018, received an Avvo Clients’ Choice Award. He graduated from Western Colorado University in 2007 with a Bachelor of Arts before moving on to attend law school. From the Sturm College of Law of University of Denver, he graduated with his Juris Doctor and passed the bar exam shortly after.
While in law school, Mr. Belzer was the Denver Law Review’s editor in chief and is a former clerk within the Colorado Court of Appeals. He was given the Arnold P. Chutkow Award and the Hartje Objective Writing Award for his legal writing skills and service to the law school, and since graduation has published written pieces in the Georgetown Law Journal, the Western State University Law Review and the Colorado Bar Association’s Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Employment Law. For his academic merit, he received several scholarships and was part of the Student Trial Lawyers Association.
Mr. Belzer is a member of the Colorado Bar Association and the Boulder County Bar Association. Within the Colorado Bar Association, he is an active member of the Civil Rights Law Section, the Litigation Section and the Labor and Employment Law Section.
About Aaron Belzer
First Admitted: 2014, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://burnhamlaw.com/team/aaron-belzer/
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Colorado Bar Association
- Board Member, Denver University Law Review Advisory Board
- Student Trial Lawyers Association
- Colorado, 2014
- Colorado Bar Association: Civil Rights Section; Family Law Section; Labor & Employment Law Section; Litigation Section
- Boulder Bar Association
- Arnold P. Chutkow Award
- Trial Skills Certificate, 2019
- Hartje Objective Writing Award
- Avvo – Rating of 10.0
- Avvo – Clients’ Choice Award 2018
- Certified Trial Lawyer, National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA)
- Western State Colorado University, Gunnison, Colorado, B.A. – 2007
- The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act, Chapter Update, in Practitioner’s Guide to Employment Law (Colorado Bar Association 2014) (Contributor)
- Editor in Chief of the Denver University Law Review
- Comment, The Audacity of Ignoring Hope: How the Existing Qualified Immunity Analysis Leads to Un-Remedied Rights, 90 Denver University Law Review 647 (2013)
- The New Public Accommodations: Race Discrimination in the Platform Economy, 105 Georgetown Law Journal 1271 (2017) (with Nancy Leong)
- Putting the “Review” Back in Rational Basis Review, 41 Western St. Univ. Law Review 339 (2014)
- Enforcing Rights, 62 UCLA Law Review 306 (2015) (with Nancy Leong)
- From Writs to Remedies: A Historical Explanation for Multiple Remedies at Common Law, 93 Denver Law Review Online 1 (2016)
Last Updated: 6/3/2022