Top rated Civil Litigation attorney in Boulder, ColoradoBelzer Law
Practice Areas: Civil Litigation, Appellate; view more
Licensed in Colorado since: 2014
Education: University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Belzer Law737 29th St
Boulder, CO 80303 Visit website
The founder and managing partner of the law firm, Belzer Law, attorney Aaron Belzer has been practicing for almost a decade now. Representing clients all over Colorado, his firm has branches in Denver and Boulder. As a reputed civil litigation attorney, he helps his clients with business and commercial litigation, appeals, tort claims, complex property disputes, and contract issues. He is also certified as a trial lawyer by the National Institute for Trial Advocacy.
Peer-review rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, Mr. Belzer is recognized for his proficient and quality representation by both peers and clients alike. He has a perfect rating of 10/10 on Avvo, along with several other prestigious recognitions including being named to the National Academy Attorneys’ list of Top 10 Lawyers Under 40, Super Lawyers Rising Star four years in a row, and the Colorado Springs Magazine’s feature of Top Attorneys.
While in law school, Mr. Belzer was an active participant in the Student Trial Lawyers Association and was editor-in-chief of the Denver Law Review. Soon after graduation, he clerked for the Honorable Judge Gilbert M. Román of the Colorado Court of Appeals. He is admitted to represent cases at the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
Mr. Belzer attended the Western Colorado University and obtained his undergraduate degree in communications in 2007. Years later, he enrolled in the University of Denver – Sturm College of Law to pursue his law degree, and in 2014, he graduated with his Juris Doctor. He was honored with several scholarships including the dean’s scholarship and the Sam and Freda Davis International Legal Studies Endowed Scholarship; and awards such as the Hartje Objective Writing Award and the Arnold P. Chutkow Award for his academic excellence and service to the school.
Mr. Belzer’s intense passion for his job coupled with his exceptional ability to articulate and persuade his opinions make him a sought-after attorney in the state. He holds membership in various legal associations including the Boulder County Bar Association; the Colorado Bar Association’s Civil Rights Law Section, Labor and Employment Law Section and Litigation Law Section; and the American Association for Justice.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCivil Litigation: Plaintiff, Civil Litigation: Defense, Appellate, Business Litigation
- 30% Civil Litigation: Plaintiff
- 30% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 20% Appellate
- 20% Business Litigation
First Admitted: 2014, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://belzerlawfirm.com/team/aaron-belzer/
- , Martindale-Hubbell Preeminent Award 2020-2023, Martindale-Hubbell
- , Super Lawyers Rising Star 2020-2023, Super Lawyers
- Avvo – Rating of 10.0
- Trial Skills Certificate, 2019
- American Registry Most Honored Lawyers – Best of the Best, 2022
- Arnold P. Chutkow Award
- Hartje Objective Writing Award
- Avvo – Clients’ Choice Award, 2018
- The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act, Chapter Update, in Practitioner’s Guide to Employment Law (Colorado Bar Association 2014) (Contributor)
- Editor in Chief of the Denver University Law Review
- Comment, The Audacity of Ignoring Hope: How the Existing Qualified Immunity Analysis Leads to Un-Remedied Rights, 90 Denver University Law Review 647 (2013)
- The New Public Accommodations: Race Discrimination in the Platform Economy, 105 Georgetown Law Journal 1271 (2017) (with Nancy Leong)
- Putting the “Review” Back in Rational Basis Review, 41 Western St. Univ. Law Review 339 (2014)
- Enforcing Rights, 62 UCLA Law Review 306 (2015) (with Nancy Leong)
- From Writs to Remedies: A Historical Explanation for Multiple Remedies at Common Law, 93 Denver Law Review Online 1 (2016)
- Certified Trial Lawyer, National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA), 2019
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 2014
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, American Association for Justice
- Colorado Bar Association
- Board Member, Denver University Law Review Advisory Board
- Student Trial Lawyers Association
- Colorado, 2014
- Colorado Bar Association: Civil Rights Section; Family Law Section; Labor & Employment Law Section; Litigation Section
- Boulder Bar Association
- Western State Colorado University, Gunnison, Colorado, B.A., 2007
Office location for Aaron Belzer
737 29th St
Boulder, CO 80303
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2023
These comments were made by fellow attorneys during the annual nomination process.
“Aaron Belzer is one of the most impressive and competent attorneys I have ever known. He is truly exceptional and is already recognized as a leader in his field. ”
“Excellent Civil Litigator and Mentor”
“Aaron has a strong grasp on the law and a strong advocate for his clients. He makes himself available to help his peers.”
“Aaron has been honing his craft as an appellate and civil attorney since entering the practice about 4 years ago. He is smart and driven, with unmatched legal research and writing skills. Aaron came busting out of the gate and immediately distinguished himself from his peers.”
“Aaron is absolutely and unabashedly brilliant in his representation of civil plaintiffs and appellate cases. He owns the records like he's sleeping with them under his pillow and he turns cases upside down with his wit and savvy.”
“Aaron is the former Editor in Chief of DU Law Review and he clerked for COA Deputy Chief Judge Gilbert M. Roman. Aaron is so talented that we established a civil division specifically for him. He is a student of the law and he masters the facts, and the result is a perfect record in trial.”