Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Boulder, ColoradoPolansky Law Firm, PLLC
Focusing her practice exclusively on criminal defense matters at both the trial and appellate levels, Lisa A. Polansky is the founding member of the Polansky Law Firm, PLLC. Based in Boulder, Colorado, Ms. Polansky and her Team provide representation to clients throughout the state in both State and Federal Courts. Ms. Polansky is admitted to practice in both Colorado and California.
Ms. Polansky and her Team furnishes aggressive advocacy for adults and juveniles who have been accused of having committed misdemeanor or felony offenses, including drug distribution, weapons offenses, fraud, theft, tax evasion, domestic violence, assault, homicide, kidnapping, robbery, and sex crimes. Throughout her career, Ms. Polansky has been able to obtain positive results for her clients, including dismissals, acquittals, and successful appeals.
Ms. Polansky majored in both criminal justice and sociology at the University of Albany and received a Bachelor of Arts in 1987. She then pursued her legal education at Pepperdine School of Law and was awarded her Juris Doctor in 1990. After graduation, Ms. Polansky spent several years as a Deputy Public Defender in Los Angeles County, where she handled misdemeanor and felony bench and jury trials for both juveniles and adults. Ms. Polansky also served as supervisor of other attorneys. She then served her country as an officer in the United States Army, Judge Advocate General's Corps. In 2000, Ms. Polansky founded her law firm. Ms. Polansky continued to teach courses on trial skills and advocacy and acts as a consultant on cases involving complex legal issues, especially concerning juveniles and the intersection of criminal charges and mental health conditions.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Appellate
Appeals, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Murder, Sex Offenses, Tax Evasion, Theft
- 70% Criminal Defense
- 30% Appellate
First Admitted: 1990, California
Professional Webpage: https://www.polanskylawfirm.com/attorney/
- Holistic Client-Centered Advocacy in Juvenile Delinquency Cases, 2 Stetson J. Advoc. & L. 1 (2015)
- State University of New York at Albany, B.A., Dual Major: Criminal Justice and Sociology, 1987
- United States District Court, Central District of California, 1990
- CJA (Criminal Justice Act) Panel of Attorneys (Colorado)
- Boulder County Bar Association
- Alternate Defense Counsel (ADC) Panel of Attorneys (Colorado)
- California State Bar, 1990
- Colorado State Bar, 2000
- United States District Court, District of Colorado, 2000
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, Colorado Bar Association, Colorado CJA Indigent Defense Panel, CJA Standing Committee 2008-2014, National Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, California Criminal Courts Bar Association, California Public Defender Association
Office location for Lisa Polansky
4999 Pearl E Cir
Boulder, CO 80301
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2024