Patrick D. Mika
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Colorado Springs, ColoradoMika & Associates PC
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Colorado since: 1982
A famed criminal defense attorney across the United States, Patrick D. Mika is the founder of Mika & Associates P.C. in Colorado Springs, Colorado. With nearly 40 years of experience defending clients from major felony and DUI/DWI charges, he is very adept at handling complicated criminal trials and personal injury cases as well. He is well-versed in Spanish.
Mr. Mika has a successful track record of over 100 victories in felony trials and is a fellow and past president of the American Board of Criminal Lawyers – a distinguished legal organization where admission is based solely on merit. He recently expanded his criminal law practice to help victims who have suffered catastrophic injuries due to no fault of their own obtain fair compensation and hold the at-fault parties accountable.
A 1979 graduate with a bachelor’s degree in English, science and literature from the University of Arkansas, Mr. Mika attended the University of Arkansas School of Law, receiving his Juris Doctor in 1982. Shortly after law school, he moved to Colorado Springs as part of the United States Judo Team and decided to make it his home. He has also completed professional training and advanced trial education at the National Criminal Defense College.
Mr. Mika holds memberships in many well-known legal organizations, including the Colorado Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL) and the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar. Additionally, he is a member of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, the Rhode Island Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, the Faculty of Federal Advocates and the El Paso County Bar Association – where he is a member of the Supreme Criminal Rules Committee since 2003.
Bestowed with honors and awards by many prominent organizations, Mr. Mika:
· Has been rated AV Preeminent* through Martindale-Hubbell, the organization’s highest peer-review rating, and listed on the organization’s Bar Registry for Preeminent Lawyers since 2001
· Has been rated “Superb” on Avvo
· Has been included in the 10 Best Attorneys – Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of DUI/DWI Attorneys
· Was named as one of America’s Top 100 Criminal Defense Attorneys
· Has been Recognized for Professional Involvement and Community Leadership in 2022 by Lawyer Legion
· Is a recipient of the NACDL President’s Commendation Award
· Is a member of the National Association of Distinguished Counsel
Licensed to practice in Colorado since 1982, Mr. Mika is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Arkansas, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault, Assault & Battery, Brain Injury, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Dram Shop Laws, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sex Offenses, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Theft, Traffic Violations, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 70% Criminal Defense
- 30% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 1982, Colorado
Professional Webpage: http://www.pmikalaw.com/pat-mika.html
- American Board of Criminal Lawyers (ABCL)
- Member of the United States Judo Team. He was a successful National Team Member from 1981 to 1985
- University of Arkansas, Bachelor’s Degree, magna cum laude, in English, 1979 (Phi Beta Kappa)
- , Recipient of the NACDL presidents commendation award, NACDL, 2005
- I have been listed on the Martindale Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Lawyers from 2001 to the present., Martindale Hubbell Bar Register of Preeiminent Lawyers from 2001 to the present., Martindale Hubbell Bar Register of Preeiminent Lawyers
- I have been a member of the American Board of Criminal Lawyers (ABCL) since 1994., President, American Board of Criminal Lawyers (ABCL), 2014
Office location for Patrick D. Mika
630 North Tejon Street
Colorado Springs, CO 80903
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2009, 2021 - 2024