Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Colorado Springs, CO
Selected to Rising Stars: 2014 - 2015, 2017 - 2020
- Free Consultation
Attorney Steven Rodemer is the founder of the Law Office of Steven Rodemer, LLC, in Colorado Springs, Colorado. Mr. Rodemer dedicates his practice to criminal defense. A former prosecutor, he now defends clients, including those in the military, throughout Colorado in both misdemeanor and felony matters.
After earning a bachelor’s degree in molecular biology and biochemistry from Cornell College, Mr. Rodemer obtained his law degree from California Western School of Law. While attending law school, he gained valuable legal experience at the San Diego County District Attorney’s Office and also interned with the California Innocence Project.
Mr. Rodemer later relocated back to Colorado and worked as a deputy district attorney and for a private civil litigation firm practicing personal injury law. After accumulating a broad foundation of experience, he opened his own solo practice.
Over the course of his career as a criminal defense attorney, Mr. Rodemer has handled cases involving civil restraining orders, domestic violence, drug crimes, DUI/DWAI, expungement and sealing of records, juvenile crimes, traffic violations, vehicular assault, vehicular homicide and more. He has experience in both state and federal court as well as with DMV administrative proceedings. He is also familiar with Colorado’s habitual offender statute.
Mr. Rodemer was named one of the “Top 40 under 40” by The National Trial Lawyers from 2012- 2017. He has also been listed as one of the top 100 DUI defense attorneys by The National Advocacy for DUI Defense, LLC from 2014-2017
Mr. Rodemer is also involved in several professional organizations. He is a member of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, the American Association for Justice and the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers.
About Steven Rodemer
First Admitted: 2006, Colorado
Professional Webpage: http://www.coloradospringscriminaldefense.net/our-attorney/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Member, Board of Directors, The Resource Exchange, El Paso, Teller and Park counties, 2009 - Present
- Member, American Association for Justice, 2011 - Present
- Member, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 2009 - Present
- Member, National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2012 - Present
- Member, National College of DUI Defense, 2011 - Present
- General Member, Colorado Criminal Defense Bar Association, 2011 - Present
- Colorado District Attorneys Council Felony Prosecution Skills, 2007
- National College for DUI Defense Fall 2012 Session, 2012
- Cornell College, Mt. Vernon, IA, B.A. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 2003
- People v. David Lee-2 counts of vehicular homicide, 2 counts of vehicular assault, DUI, DUI per se, reckless driving. Jury verdict: not guilty on all counts following a lengthy trial in which I was sole defense counsel, 2012
- People v. Jeffery Fryer. 3rd degree assault, domestic violence; harassment, domestic violence. Jury verdict: not guilty. Sole defense counsel, 2013
- Rated 10/10 "superb" on Avvo, 2013
- "A" Rating Better Business Bureau, 2012
- Felony Trial Advocacy Award Fourth Judicial District Attorney's Office, 2007
- Rising Star, Colorado Superlawyers, 2014
- Top 40 under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2012
- Top 100 DUI Defense Attorneys, The National Advocacy for DUI Defense, 2013
- Trial Star Award Office of the District Attorney, Fourth Judicial District, 2008
- "Tradition of Excellence" Award
- Top 10 Under 40, National Academey of Criminal Defense Attorneys , 2015
- Top 40 under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2013
- "Superb" Rating Avvo, 2013
- Tradition of Excellence Award 4th Judicial District Attorney, 2007
- Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyers, 2014
- Top 100 DUI Attorneys, National Advocacy For DUI Defense, 2014
Last Updated: 6/7/2022