Genet T. Johnson
Top rated Family Law attorney in Commerce City, ColoradoJohnson Law Group, LLC
Practice Areas: Family Law; view more
Licensed in Colorado since: 2014
Education: University of Colorado Law School
Johnson Law Group, LLC13599 E 104th Ave
Commerce City, CO 80022 Visit website
Attorney Genet T. Johnson is the managing partner of Johnson Law Group, LLC, in Commerce City, Colorado. A top-rated, award-winning lawyer with more than six years of total legal experience, Ms. Johnson focuses her practice primarily on family law, and she provides invaluable counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Denver metro and surrounding areas who are going through a divorce or have some other serious legal issue affecting their families.
As a family law attorney, Ms. Johnson has gained a reputation for her compassion and integrity when dealing with her clients as well as her unwavering commitment to helping them achieve the favorable results they seek as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible. Whether fighting for them in court or assisting with divorce mediation and negotiations, she keeps her clients' needs at the forefront of her efforts, and she works hard to protect their rights and interests at all turns to ensure they achieve the positive results they seek.
In honor of her outstanding professionalism and superior client service, Ms. Johnson has been listed among the 10 Best Female Attorneys by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys, and she obtained Superb, 10 out of 10, client ratings on Avvo. She has also received consistent top rankings and endorsements from her peers as being among the leading family law attorneys in her area.
A 2010 graduate of Yale University, Ms. Johnson obtained her Juris Doctor from the University of Colorado Law School in 2014. While there, she served as associate editor for the Journal on Telecommunications and High Technology Law, and she worked as a student attorney in the school's civil practice clinic. She also received the Excellence in Clinical Education Award and the Irving P. Andrews Award for Outstanding Law Graduate.
A leader in her legal community, Ms. Johnson sits on the Colorado Board of Continuing Legal and Judicial Education, and she is an active member of the Colorado Bar Association and other local, state and national legal organizations. Drawing upon her extensive legal knowledge, she has published several articles and conducted lectures and continuing legal education seminars across her region on a variety of legal topics.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2014, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.johnsonlgroup.com/attorneys/genet-t-johnson/
- Board Member, Colorado Board of Continuing Legal and Judicial Education
- Colorado Bar Association
- Member of Proactive Management-Based Regulation (PMBR) Committee, which is tasked with providing lawyers with resources to develop their own management systems and processes to ensure ethical conduct (i.e., an ethical infrastructure) in their firm. Importantly, PMBR generally allows law firms, including sole practitioners, to develop their own processes and management systems using self-assessment tools., 2015
- Member of Colorado Women's Bar Association (CWBA) Publications Committee. In this capacity, I am a regular contributor to the CWBA's quarterly newsletter, The Advocate, which is available online at http://www.cwba.org/The-Advocate, 2015
- B.A. Yale University, 2010
- The late Irving P. Andrews was one of the most talented trial attorneys in Colorado. He was highly regarded for his masterful oratorical skills, keen intellect, commitment to excellence, strong dedication to under-served populations and an undying love of the law. The Sam Cary Bar Association established this award in the name of Irving P. Andrews to honor a law graduate who has demonstrated academic excellence, professionalism, integrity and respect for the rule of law., Irving P. Andrews Award for Outstanding Law Graduate, Sam Cary Bar Association, 2014
- American Institute of Family Law Attorneys' 10 Best Female Attorneys
- As a student attorney, I represented seven pro-bono clients with family, disability, and immigration law matters in Boulder County District Court, Excellence in Clinical Education Award, 2014
Office location for Genet T. Johnson
13599 E 104th Ave
Commerce City, CO 80022
- Rising Stars: 2021, 2023