Andrea N. Mahoney
Top rated estate & trust litigation attorney in Denver, ColoradoOlsen & Mahoney, LLP
Efficient and energetic, Andrea N. Mahoney is an attorney and a partner at the Denver, Colorado, law firm of Olsen & Mahoney, LLP. She works hard, either through litigation, mediation or arbitration, to find effective resolutions to conflicts and is always available to address the questions and concerns of her clients.
Over her 25-plus years in practice, Ms. Mahoney has provided committed and dedicated representation to clients in matters involving estate planning, probate and trust litigation, contract disputes, business litigation and commercial litigation.
In 1996, Ms. Mahoney was admitted to practice in all the state courts of Colorado and before the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado.
Ms. Mahoney attended Oklahoma State University in Stillwater, where she graduated with a Bachelor of Science in marketing in 1991. She then pursued her legal education at the Oklahoma City University School of Law and earned her Juris Doctor in 1995.
Ms. Mahoney began her practice focusing on Elder Law issues, after having been a student member of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys. After law school, Ms. Mahoney became employed with a premier law firm focusing on these issues. She then gained experience practicing complex commercial litigation for several years. Ms. Mahoney's extensive commercial litigation experience (and particularly litigating the validity of various contracts) has greatly enhanced her ability to litigate in the very specialized area of estate and trust litigation.
Ms. Mahoney is happily married and the proud mother of four children. She has volunteered in many capacities at Kent Denver School and Graland Country Day School. She also served as a board member of the Washington Park Early Learning Center and the Crestmoor Community Association.
Practice areasEstate & trust litigation, Estate planning & probate, Business litigation
Will contests, Estate planning, Probate & estate administration
- 70% Estate & trust litigation
- 20% Estate planning & probate
- 10% Business litigation
First Admitted: 1996, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.mkolsenlaw.com/attorney/andrea-n-mahoney/
- Colorado Super Lawyers-Rising Star, 2009
- Member, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Oklahoma City University School of Law
- Crestmoor Community Association, 2019 to Present (Board Member)
- Kent Denver School, Numerous Volunteer Positions, 2017 to Present
- Regularly visit elderly at an assisted living facility.
- Kent Denver Sophomore Class Parent Representative
- Kent Denver Senior Class Parent Representative
- Kent Denver New Parent Reception Co-Chair
- Graland Country Day School Middle School Grade Representative
- Co-Chair, Volunteers of America Graland Country Day School Holiday Party
- Graland Country Day School Room Parent for Several Classes/Grades
- Colorado Youth Rapids Soccer Coach
- Past Coordinator/President, Washington Park Early Learning Center
- Past Education Chair, Washington Park Early Learning Center
- ADR Committee, Trust & Estates Section of the Colorado Bar Association
- Committee Regarding Insurance Questions following the Death of an Insured
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 1996 to Present
- U.S. Court of Appeals 10th Circuit, 1997
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1996
- Colorado, 1996
- Member, Colorado Bar Association, Trusts & Estates Section
- Denver Bar Association, Member, 1996 to Present
- Notary Public
- Oklahoma State University, Stillwater, Oklahoma, B.S., Marketing, 1991
Office location for Andrea N. Mahoney
650 South Cherry Street
Denver, CO 80246
- Rising Stars: 2009