Brett N. Huff
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Denver, CO
Attorney Brett N. Huff is a founding partner with the Huff & Leslie, LLP, law firm in Edgewater, Colorado. Licensed to practice in Wyoming as well as Colorado, Mr. Huff provides exceptional representation and support to plaintiff and defendant clients alike across both states who are dealing with serious personal injury and liability claims, insurance disputes and subrogation, commercial litigation, trucking and transportation liability claims, premises liability claims and other similar matters.
A highly effective trial attorney and veteran of more than 40 jury trials, Mr. Huff also has extensive experience with negotiating favorable settlements as well as handling arbitrations and appeals. Over the course of his legal career, he has gained invaluable insight into the insurance industry as an insurance defense lawyer, and he has successfully prosecuted numerous insurance subrogation claims along with delivering many insurance coverage opinions.
Through his insurance defense practice, he has represented a variety of businesses and insurance providers, as well as licensed professionals and trucking companies. He has also advocated on behalf of hundreds of plaintiff injury clients, recovering substantial settlements and verdicts to help them obtain the finances they need to meet their medical bills and other associated expenses.
Whether prosecuting or defending tortious and liability claims, Mr. Huff delivers highly personalized counsel and zealous representation to increase his clients' chances for success. In recognition for his professionalism and service, he has earned the Silver Client Champion award from Martindale-Hubbell along with numerous other accolades from his peers.
A graduate of The University of Utah with degrees in English Literature and Speech Communication, Mr. Huff earned a post-graduate certificate in Conflict Resolution from the university in 1997. He then attended the University of Wyoming College of Law, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2000. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Districts of Colorado and Wyoming, as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit and the U.S. Supreme Court.
A leader in his legal community, Mr. Huff has several publications to his credit, and he is an active member of many local, state and national legal organizations, including the Litigation Counsel of America, the Colorado and Wyoming Bar associations, and the Denver Bar Association, among others.
- 80%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%General Litigation
- 10%Insurance Coverage
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Dram Shop Laws, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Insurance, Bad Faith Insurance
- Super Lawyers: 2020 - 2022
About Brett N. Huff
First Admitted: 2000, Colorado
Professional Webpage: http://huffandleslie.com/attorney-profiles/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Wyoming Defender Aid Program, Summer 1999
- Edgewater Optimist Club, Charter Member
- International Association of Defense Counsel and Trial Academy Graduate, 2003
- Wyoming Legal Services Program, January – May 2000
- Chair, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, Young Lawyers Section, 2001 - 2003
- Transportation Litigators
- Personal Injury Lawyer
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Wyoming Bar Association
- United States District Court of Colorado, 2000
- State Court of Wyoming, 2000
- State Court of Colorado, 2000
- United States District Court of Wyoming, 2000
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals, 2000
- United States Supreme Court, 2002
- Assistant Colorado Editor: Product Liability Desk Reference, Aspen Publisher, Inc., 2001
- Assistant Colorado Editor: Tort Law Desk Reference, Aspen Publisher, Inc., 2001
- University of Utah, Post Graduate Certificate, Conflict Resolution, May 1997
- University of Utah, B.A., Major: English Literature, May 1994
- University of Utah, B.A., Major: Speech Communications, May 1996
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Client Distinction Award, Martindale and Lawyers.com, 2014
- $230,000 Settlement in Products Defect Case, 2015
- $725,000 Settlement in Back Injury Case, 2013
- $650,000 Settlement in Insurance Bad Faith Case, 2014
- $1,000,000 verdict in wrongful death case, 2014
- $300,000 Settlement in Insurance Bad Faith Case, 2014
- $1,038,840 Settlement in Catastrophic Injury Case, 2014
- $750,000 Settlement in Brain Injury Case, 2013
Last Updated: 5/15/2022