Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Denver, ColoradoThe Migoya Law Firm, LLC
Practice Areas: Criminal Defense, DUI-DWI, Personal Injury; view more
Licensed in Colorado since: 2004
Education: University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Spanish
The Migoya Law Firm, LLC600 Grant St
Denver, CO 80203 Visit website
Representing people across Colorado, including those in the Denver area, Carlos Migoya handles cases involving all aspects of criminal law. As an attorney at Migoya Law Firm, LLC, he advocates for clients who have been arrested or those who are under investigation. His caseload includes matters such as the following: felonies, misdemeanors, domestic violence, burglary, traffic citations, DUI, assault and sex crimes.
Mr. Migoya graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in History in 2000 from Florida State University. He then earned a Juris Doctor in 2004 from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where he was a moot court competition participant and was given the American Jurisprudence award for receiving the highest grade in his lawyering in Spanish course.
Active in the legal community, Mr. Migoya is a member of the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, the American Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association’s Young Lawyers Division, the Denver Bar Association and the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association. He is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado.
Devoted to litigation, Mr. Migoya knows the key players in Colorado’s criminal justice system. Before entering private practice, he served as a state defender. Fluent in Spanish, he has helped thousands of people reach a resolution, either through providing counsel, negotiating with prosecutors or securing dismissals and acquittals.
Outside his practice, Mr. Migoya is highly involved in the community as a volunteer with Project Safeguard, an organization devoted to reducing domestic violence. He is also on the board of directors for WeeCycle, which provides infant gear for low-income families.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Law, DUI/DWI, Felony, Misdemeanor, Sex Offenses, Traffic Violations
- 70% Criminal Defense
- 20% Criminal Defense: DUI/DWI
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2004, Colorado
- Denver Public School Highschool Varsity Football Assistant Coach
- Project Safeguard Volunteer
- Community Law Nights in Denver
- Colorado Super Lawyer Rising Star, 2011-2017, Colorado Super Lawyer Rising Star
- Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida, B.A., Honors: Senator - Florida State Student Government, Honors: Member - Florida State Rugby, Honors: Knight - Sigma Nu Fraternity, Major: History, 2000
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2008
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- Colorado Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division, Chair-Elect, 2012
- Colorado, 2004
- CBA Leadership Training Program (COBALT), 2011
- Young Lawyers Division, Chairman
- Colorado Bar Young Lawyers Division Executive Board Member, 2010
- Member, Denver Bar Association
Office location for Carlos Migoya
600 Grant St
Denver, CO 80203
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2017