Carolyn is easily one of the most formidable family law litigators in Colorado. She honed her trial skills over 13 years at Gutterman Griffiths, (later Griffiths Law,) where she and co-founders Emily Warren and Tia M. Zavaras decided to collaborate and form a different kind of law firm. What resulted holistically integrates traditional practices with proven modern methods, starting with addressing supporting their clients so that they can get the best possible outcomes for their families. Carolyn's exceptional skills in economics and English make her an extremely persuasive storyteller. Carolyn is known for tipping the scales back to equity simply because she is smart, fearless, and can tackle any financial or emotionally complicated domestic relation matter with the client's best interest first.
Carolyn is known to be her client's voice, their ally, and their safe sounding-board through a combination of ferocious courtroom advocacy and nuanced settlement tactics as they navigate every challenging family law issue.
Carolyn has written many articles about the financial aspects of divorce. She has also lectured for the National Business Institute, Metro-Denver Interdisciplinary Committee, and the Family Law Institute on family law topics. A dedicated member of the community, she is a founding member, Steering Committee Member and Circle Member for Bayaud Enterprises' Enterprising Women Giving Circle, which supports women with barriers to employment in establishing careers and economic independence, while also supporting local bar associations and Colorado Cares.
In 2019 alone, Carolyn was recognized in the legal community as one of the Colorado Women's Bar Association's Raising the Bar recipients, as well as by the broader business community as a Denver Business Journal 40 Under 40 honoree and ColoradoBiz Gen XYZ Top 25 finalist.
Practice areasFamily Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Marital Property, Name Change, Paternity, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2007, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.wzwfamilylaw.com
- Member, Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Colorado Judicial Institute Young Professionals Division Leadership Committee
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Women's Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Judicial Institute
- Denver University Law Review
- Lecturer, Family Law Institute, National Business Institute and Metro-Denver Interdisciplinary Committee
- Marquette University, 2003
- Founding member, Steering Committee Member and Circle Member for Bayaud Enterprises' Enterprising Women Giving Circle, 2017
- The ColoradoBiz Magazine Annual GenXYZ Awards celebrates the professional achievements of ColoradoBiz magazine's 50 top young professionals. , Gen XYZ Top 25 Finalist, ColoradoBiz Magazine, 2019
- The Denver Business Journal honors 40 outstanding local professionals under age 40 for their business success and community contributions., 40 Under 40 Recipient, Denver Business Journal, 2019
- Order of St. Ives
- Each year the CWBA Foundation honors women lawyers who have made a difference in our communities and have "raised the bar" for all women in the Colorado legal community. , Recipient of CWBA Raising the Bar, Colorado Womens Bar Association , 2019
- Colorado Judicial Institute
- Phi Beta Kappa
Office location for Carolyn C. Witkus
1720 S Bellaire St
Denver, CO 80222
- Rising Stars: 2013 - 2022