David R. Jones
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Denver, ColoradoDecker & Jones PC
With a familiarity for the courtroom and criminal defense matters, David. R Jones serves the Denver community as an attorney and the managing partner at the law offices of Decker & Jones. He handles cases involving major offenses like murder and attempted murder, assaults with serious bodily injury, sexual assault allegations, drug possession and distribution, and allegations concerning children. He also works on domestic violence cases, computer crimes and post-conviction relief matters.
Mr. Jones began familiarizing himself with the courtroom and litigation while still in law school at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law by concentrating on appellate argument and trial practice. He competed in Moot Court and was on the winning team for the American Bar Association’s Regional Trial Competition in 1995. He also won the American Jurisprudence Award for Trial Advocacy. When volunteering with the state public defender’s office, he was able to try and win a case while still in law school.
After law school, Mr. Jones continued to spend a substantial amount of time in the courtroom. He worked in the Colorado State Public Defender’s Office for 11 years and tried more than 50 cases before a jury and 30 before a court. This attorney secured acquittals in almost half of the jury cases he tried, which is a high success rate. Cases he worked on include the one in which a prison sentence was reversed, one where a jury acquitted someone charged with driving while ability impaired, and one where all felony sexual assault charges were dismissed.
Criminal justice matters and legal education are important to Mr. Jones. He works toward criminal justice reform in his free time and enjoys training and teaching new lawyers.
Practice areasCriminal Defense
Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Murder, Sex Offenses, Theft
- 100% Criminal Defense
First Admitted: 1996, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.deckerjoneslaw.com/david-r-jones/
- Member, National Association of Trial Advocacy
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, 2011 - Present
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, 2008 - Present
- Colorado, 1996
- First Judicial Bar Association
- People v. L.C. – Jefferson County – Prison Sentence reversed and client released on motion to reconsider (2013)
- People v. J.G. – Broomfield County – Life Sentence of Client vacated and reinstated for 6 years after successful post-conviction relief motion. (2012)
- People v. E.C. – Jefferson County- Complete jury acquittal of client charged with driving while ability impaired
- People v. T.B. – Denver County – Dismissal of all Felony Sex Assault Charges the Morning of Trial (2011)
- People v. M.B. – Adams County – Complete Acquittal of all Felony Sexual Assault charges. (2012)
- People v. D.P. – Adams County – Dismissal of all Felony Sexual Assault Charges (2012)
- Auburn University, Alabama, B.A., Major: Political Science, 1992
Office location for David R. Jones
2025 York St
Denver, CO 80205
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2024