David S. Woodruff
Top Rated Medical Malpractice Attorney in Denver, CO
David S. Woodruff is a partner at Denver Trial Lawyers, and he has been with the firm since January 2011. Mr. Woodruff attended Southern Methodist University as an undergraduate and received a Bachelor of Arts degree in English and political science magna cum laude in 1992. After obtaining a Master of Arts in professional writing in 1994 from the University of Southern California, Mr. Woodruff went on to pursue his legal education at The University of Texas at Austin School of Law, and in 1997, he was awarded his Juris Doctor with distinction and was inducted into the Order of Barristers.
Mr. Woodruff focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation, representing people in the great Denver metropolitan area and other parts of the state who have been harmed due to the negligence of other parties. His cases have included birth injuries, misdiagnoses, and other types of medical malpractice, auto-pedestrian accidents, dangerous drugs, defective products, airplane crashes, sexual assault, and truck and other motor vehicle collisions.
Throughout his career, Mr. Woodruff has obtained well over $150 million in negotiated settlements and jury awards for his plaintiff clients. His results have included $7 million for a birth injury, a settlement of $22.5 million for a child who suffered a brain injury, a $15 million jury verdict for a client whose spinal cord was permanently damaged as a result of an emergency room misdiagnosis and $5 million for a woman who was injured by a defective kitchen product that exploded. These and other successes have earned Mr. Woodruff several honors from his colleagues, including being selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America. He is admitted to practice in Colorado and before several federal trial and appellate courts.
- 70%Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
- 20%Personal Injury - Products: Plaintiff
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Medical Malpractice, Birth Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Motor Vehicle Defects, Medical Devices, Pharmaceutical, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2014 - 2022
About David S. Woodruff
First Admitted: 1997, Texas
Professional Webpage: https://www.denvertriallawyers.com/attorneys/david-s-woodruf...
- Colorado Super Lawyer
- Top Lawyers in Denver
- Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Listed in “Best Lawyers in America"
- Best Lawyer, Plaintiff's Medical Malpractice, Law Week Colorado, 2014
- Inducted in 1997 into the prestigious Order of Barristers
- Case of the Year, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 2012
- Elected Member, American Board of Trial Advocates, 2014
Pro bono/Community Service
- Law firm organizer for MS Walk
- Coaches a 5-Year Old Girls’ Soccer Team, the “Lady Bugs”
- Board of Directors, Colorado Trial Lawyers
- Habit for Humanity Volunteer
- Board of Directors, Colorado Trial Lawyers' Association, 2006-present
- Keynote Speaker, Colorado Bar Association Seminar on Medical Malpractice Litigation, 2013
- Board of Governors, Colorado Bar Association, 2003-2004
- Board of Directors, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 2005–2010
- Executive Committee Member, Colorado Trial Lawyers' Association, 2008-2010
- Products Liability Committee, Colorado Trial Lawyers' Association, 2005-present
- Member, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Medical Malpractice Program Chair, CTLA Annual Convention, 2009-2010
- Medical Malpractice Committee, Colorado Trial Lawyers' Association, 2005-present
- Board of Directors, Denver Bar Association Young Lawyers Division, 2001-2006
- American Association for Justice
- University of Southern California, M.A., 1994
- Southern Methodist University, B.A., 1992
- Nearly $100 million recovered for clients since 2005.
- Article, "Law School for Kindergartners," June 2005, published in the Denver Bar Association's monthly periodical, "The Docket"
- Surviving Cross Examination, Ass’n Nurse Live Care Planners
- The Young Defense Lawyer, University of Denver Law School, 2004
- Speaker, Annual Conference, American Association of Nurse Life Care Planners, Nashville, Tennessee, 2007
Other Outstanding Achievements
- 2011 Case of the Year Award, awarded by the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 2011
Last Updated: 5/15/2022