Dipak P. Patel
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Denver, ColoradoCiancio Ciancio Brown, P.C.
Practice Areas: Employment & Labor, Business Litigation, Business & Corporate; view more
Licensed in Colorado since: 2001
Education: The Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law
Ciancio Ciancio Brown, P.C.1660 Lincoln St
Denver, CO 80264 Visit website
Attorney Dipak P. Patel is a member of the civil and family law team at Ciancio Ciancio Brown, P.C. Mr. Patel practices in the areas of employment and labor law, business litigation, general civil litigation, and family law, serving clients throughout Colorado.
Mr. Patel has been practicing law for over 20 years. He has represented both employers and employees in matters involving discrimination, noncompetition agreements, and wage violations. He also has experience with personal injury litigation and family law, representing clients in divorce actions and cases involving parental rights. His clients have included employees and businesses.
In honor of his achievements, Martindale-Hubbell has awarded Mr. Patel an AV Preeminent* peer review rating, reflecting his high legal ability and ethical standards. He is the recipient of a pro bono award from Boulder office of Colorado Legal Services and continues to volunteer with the organization.
In addition to his practice, Mr. Patel has served as a co-presenter at continuing legal education seminars. He is active in his legal community and belongs to the Boulder County Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association and the American Bar Association. He holds a license to practice law before all Colorado state courts, the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and the Colorado Supreme Court.
Mr. Patel earned a bachelor’s degree from the University of Toronto, majoring in economics and international development. He earned his law degree from the Ohio State University Michael E. Moritz College of Law. In addition, he studied social policy and income distribution at the University of Oxford and international business transactions at American University, Washington College of Law.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employer, Business Litigation, Business/Corporate, Family Law, General Litigation, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Contracts, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Employment Law - Employee, Labor Law, Limited Liability Companies, Litigation, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Name Change, Non-Compete Agreements, Partnership, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Restraining Order, Same Sex Family Law, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Sexual Harassment, Trade Secret, Trucking Accidents, Wage & Hour Laws, Whistleblower
- 40% Employment & Labor: Employer
- 20% Business Litigation
- 10% Business/Corporate
- 10% Family Law
- 10% General Litigation
- 10% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2001, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.colo-law.com/attorneys/dipak-p-patel/
- Executive Member, GS Boulder Cycling, 2006 - 2007
- USA Triathlon, Member, 2003 - Present
- Frequent volunteer for Boulder County Bar Association quarterly clinic, consulting in employment law, family law, personal injury, consumer issues, and landlord/tenant law., 2014
- Denver Bar Association, Member, 1999 - 2005
- Denver Bar Association, Executive Council Member, 2003 - 2005
- Boulder Bar Association, Member, 2001 - Present
- American Bar Association, Member, 2000 - Present
- Colorado Bar Association, Member, 2001 - Present
- Supreme Court of Colorado, 2001
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 2002
- Colorado, 2001
- Pro Bono Award Recipient, Boulder County Legal Services, 2016 - Present
- Peer rated for highest level of professional excellence., AV Preeminent rating, Martindale Hubbell
- Top-Rated Employment & Labor Attorney, Super Lawyers, Boulder, CO, 2017 - Present
- Oxford University, Oxford, England, Coursework: E.U. Law; Social Policy and Income Distribution - 1999
- American University, Washington College of Law, Washington, District of Columbia, Coursework: International Business Transactions; International Environmental Law - 1999
- The University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Honours B.A. - 1997, Major: Economics; International Development
- Representative matters include: Successful defense of commercial litigation action brought against company and owner clients involving an international distributor agreement in which plaintiff’s claims exceeded $10,000,000 in both arbitration and district court. Representation of several Colorado employers through state and federal departments of labor investigations and hearings involving alleged employee misclassification and wage and hour issues. Served as general counsel to one of 50 fastest growing woman-owned companies globally on employer best practices and compliance with labor and employment law for its 15,000+ employees. Assistance to oil and gas well-site supervision and consulting company (and its principals) in overcoming a state agency’s determination of successor liability and its associated insurance rate consequences. Settlement of numerous personal injury cases including several for policy limits; obtained $180,000 for passenger client injured in private aircraft accident. Successful representation of individuals through EEOC and CCRD Probable Cause findings in cases involving employer retaliation or discrimination based on gender, sexual harassment, race, national origin, and age. Negotiation of various severance or separation agreements for employees and employers, where appropriate. Advise individual and entity clients concerning the enforceability of provisions in non-competition agreements, non-disclosure/confidentiality agreements, and employment policies. Advocacy for family law clients, including those in high-conflict relationships, in actions for the allocation of parental rights or dissolution of marriage. Assistance to victims of sexual harassment and hostile work environment in having the DOJ and the Colorado Civil Rights Commission accept their cases for prosecution.
- NLRB Recent Decisions. Highlights the impact of recent NLRB decisions on non-unionized, private sector employers and employees., Co-Presenter, NLRB Recent Decisions, 2016
- Following the Employee Grievance from Start to Finish; Plus Tips to Avoid It In the First Place from the Corporate and Employee Perspective, Co-Presenter, CLE, Boulder County Bar Association, November 13, 2012
- Boulder County Bar Association
Office location for Dipak P. Patel
1660 Lincoln St
Denver, CO 80264
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023