Eric R. Coakley
Top rated general litigation attorney in Denver, ColoradoCoakley Law
Eric R. Coakley is an attorney at Coakley Law, LLC, in Denver, Colorado. He has over 19 years of experience practicing law and representing clients with general litigation, business litigation, construction litigation, consumer law matters and more.
Mr. Coakley is a diligent and compassionate attorney with a genuine concern for his clients. He has immense experience protecting his clients’ best interests and providing top-notch legal representation. Handling each case with persistence, Mr. Coakley is a zealous and tireless advocate for the rights of his clients.
Admitted to practice in Colorado, Mr. Coakley helps clients with matters involving housing and construction defects, consumer protection, small-business transactions, contract disputes, cannabis industry representation and so on. Actively affiliated with prominent legal associations, Mr. Coakley has memberships in the Colorado Bar Association and the Denver Bar Association.
Graduating summa cum laude, Mr. Coakley has a Bachelor of Arts degree from the University of Massachusetts. He received his Juris Doctor from the University of Colorado Law School, where he graduated with Bernard J. Seeman Scholarship for academic excellence honors.
Enthusiastic about giving back to those who need it most, Mr. Coakley is a member of the Civil Pro Bono Panel of the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and a member of the Colorado Lawyers for Colorado Veterans. He is the founder of the Consumer Protection Special Committee for the Colorado Bar Association and initially served as its first chair.
Passionate about giving his time and skill to his community, Mr. Coakley teaches a mock trial class every week. In honor of the remarkable legal services he provides, Mr. Coakley has received a Distinguished* peer review rating for high professional achievement by Martindale-Hubbell. Additionally, he has a long list of testimonials from satisfied clients and endorsements from peers.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasGeneral litigation, Business litigation, Construction litigation: business, Consumer law, Employment litigation: plaintiff, Business/corporate
Litigation, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements, Construction defects, Auto dealer fraud, Consumer protection, Fraud, Identity theft, Lemon law, Employment discrimination, Wrongful termination, Retaliation, Business formation and planning, Limited liability companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter s corporations, Contracts, Business organizations
- 10% General litigation
- 20% Business litigation
- 20% Construction litigation: business
- 20% Consumer law
- 20% Employment litigation: plaintiff
- 10% Business/corporate
First Admitted: 2002, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.coakleylaw.com/about
- Colorado, 2002
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado
- Member of U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado Civil Pro-Bono Panel
- Founder and member of the Consumer Protection Committee of the Colorado Bar Association, 2014
- Member of the Colorado Bar Association's Lawyers Helping Veterans
- Volunteer instructor for elementary school mock trial class: The People v. Hansel and Gretel
- Founder and First Chair of the Special Committee for Consumer Protection of the Colorado Bar Association
- Member of Colorado Lawyers Helping Colorado Veterans
- Member of the Civil Pro-bono Panel, U.S. District Court, District of Colorado
- Bernard J. Seeman Scholarship for academic excellence, University of Colorado School of Law, Bernard J Seeman Scholarship, University of Colorado, 1999
- Rated “Top Rated General Litigation Attorney in Denver, CO” by Super Lawyers, Superlawyers
- Distinguished rated for High Professional Achievement, Martindale Hubbell
- Recognized for outstanding pro bono service representing indigent parties, Judges and Magistrates of the United States District Court, District of Colorado, 2014
- B.A. University of Massachusetts, summa cum laude, 2007
- Food And Beverage
- Medical and Financial Professionals
Office location for Eric R. Coakley
2373 Central Park Blvd.
Denver, CO 80238
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023