Erika A. Gebhardt
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Denver, CO
Erika Alese Gebhardt is an attorney licensed in Colorado, who offers clients efficient and effective representation and tailors her services to the unique needs of each individual client. Erika’s practice focuses exclusively on family law, where she both litigates and serves as a child-expert. Erika provides services to all counties in the Denver Metro area, as well as some of the front range and mountain regions. Erika’s clients have the added benefit of her litigation experience in the areas of employment law and complex commercial litigation. Her previous experience in these areas provides her with a unique perspective and skill set, which enable her to successfully navigate more complicated issues that may arise in cases involving business interests and trusts.
Erika has a wide breadth of experience in family law matters, to include unique parenting time issues, non-traditional families, and high net worth families and individuals. Erika has extensive training and experience with LGBTQ+ issues, domestic violence, and children with sensory issues/autism. Erika works closely with her clients to ensure that their case is handled and resolved in a manner that enables them to transition smoothly beyond the legal system. Erika also works with the firm’s post-decree Estate Planning department, to ensure that the assets clients receive in their dissolution of marriage are protected, even posthumously.
Given her passion for child advocacy, Erika has extensive experience working as a Child and Family Investigator, Parenting Coordinator and Decision Maker, Child Legal Representative, Special Master, and is one of the leading child experts in the state of Colorado. Erika strives to minimize the conflict in any case in which she is involved, given the significant harm being placed in the middle of parental conflict causes to children.
Whether she is working as a mediator, third party neutral expert, collaborating with other professionals, or advocating for her clients in court, Erika’s strength is her tireless dedication to making sure that each client is heard and their needs and goals considered in the pursuit of the best possible results. It is Erika’s philosophy that resolving family law cases outside of the courtroom offers families the best opportunity to move forward positively; however, she is the vigorous advocate clients need and trust when litigation becomes necessary.
Erika graduated from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where, due to her academic achievement, she was awarded membership to the Order of St. Ives. Prior to becoming an attorney, Erika began her legal career as a judicial intern for the honorable Judge Nancy Hopf in a courtroom dedicated to a domestic and civil docket. She also interned for Denver District Court Judge Robert McGahey, Jr., of the Second Judicial District, where she was able to gain valuable experience in motions practice and courtroom procedure.
Erika resides in Denver, CO with her two children. She hails from Milwaukee, WI and holds a Bachelor of Arts Degree in International Political Economy from Colorado College. Her hobbies include camping, travel, hiking, skiing, and the Green Bay Packers.
- Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center, Associate Board of Directors
- Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem for the Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center
- Accredited Child and Family Investigator
- Certified Collaborative Attorney
- Trained and Certified Parental Coordinator/Decision Maker
- Ms. Gebhardt is an involved member of the Colorado Bar Association, the Arapahoe County Bar Association, and the Family Law Section.
- 100%Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2022
About Erika A. Gebhardt
First Admitted: 2012, Colorado
Professional Webpage: http://familylawco.com/about/erika-gebhardt/
Pro bono/Community Service
- Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem for the Rocky Mountain Children's Law Center, 2016
- Associate board member of the Rocky Mountain Children's Law Center
- Member, Family Law Section, Arapahoe County Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Arapahoe County Bar Association
- Certified Child and Family Investigator, 2017
- Parenting coordinator and decision-maker, 2019
- Bachelor of Arts from Colorado College, 2009
- , 40 Under 40 Top Business Professionals, Denver Business Journal, 2021
- , Rising Stars, Super Lawyers, 2021
- , Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2022
- , Rising Star, Super Lawyers, 2022
- Order of St. Ives, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2012
- , The Best Lawyers in America - Family Law, Best Lawyers, 2021
- , Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence, AV Preeminent with Martindale-Hubbell, 2021
- , The Best Lawyers in America - Family Law, Best Lawyers, 2020
- , Raising Star, SuperLawyers, 2020
- , Rising Star, SuperLawyers, 2019
- , Scholastic Excellence Award - Sustainable Development, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2011
- , Scholastic Excellence Award - Trusts and Estates, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2010
- , Scholastic Excellence Award - Torts, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2009
Last Updated: 7/5/2022