Erin Penrod is an associate at WZW Family Law LLC. Focusing her practice exclusively on divorce and other family law matters, she represents people in the greater Denver metropolitan area and throughout the state. Ms. Penrod has been admitted to practice before all Colorado state courts since 2017, and she has exclusively practiced family law for her entire legal career.
Most of Ms. Penrod's clients are people whose marriages are coming to an end, many of whom are having to deal with the division of complex assets and debts, spousal and child support, and child custody and visitation. She has advocated on their behalf in front of family law judges when litigation becomes unavoidable, but she is also able to assist them in reaching an accord outside of the courtroom through her experience in mediation, settlement conferences, and negotiations. Ms. Penrod also works with clients whose marriages have already been dissolved under state law and who are now attempting to get existing support or parenting orders modified or enforced by a judge. The manner in which she has handled what are often difficult cases has earned her the appreciation of her colleagues, and they have awarded her an "Excellent" peer review rating through Avvo as a result.
Ms. Penrod attended The Ohio State University as an undergraduate, majoring in English and receiving a Bachelor of Arts magna cum laude in 2013. She subsequently enrolled at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, and she was the assistant managing editor of the Denver Law Review before obtaining her Juris Doctor and being inducted into the Order of the Coif in 2017.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Juvenile law
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2017, Colorado
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- DU’s Hartje Objective Writing Award Recipient
- Excellent Rating on AVVO
- Quarterfinalist in DU’s Hoffman Cup Trial Advocacy Competition
- Colorado Super Lawyer® “Rising Star”, 2020
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Constitutional Rights and Remedies Certificate
- Order of the Coif, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Assistant Managing Editor on the Denver Law Review
- Erin A. Penrod, Disenfranchisement 2.0: Recent Voter ID Laws and the Implications Thereof, 14 U. St. Thomas L.J. 207 (2018)
- Ohio State University, B.A., English (magna cum laude)
Office location for Erin Penrod
1720 S Bellaire St
Denver, CO 80222
- Rising Stars: 2020 - 2023