Gene A. Ciancio
Top rated Criminal Defense attorney in Denver, ColoradoCiancio Ciancio Brown, P.C.
With over 48 years of legal experience, attorney Gene A. Ciancio is now of counsel for Ciancio Ciancio Brown, P.C., in Denver and Broomfield, Colorado. Representing clients in almost all major areas of law, the firm has developed a reputation as a reliable legal resource in Denver's North Metro area.
As co-leader of the law firm's Litigation Group, Mr. Ciancio's areas of practice include Criminal and Civil Litigation.
General civil litigation
Personal injury law
Liquor licensing issues
Mr. Ciancio was born and raised in the Denver area, and he has practiced law there for most of his career. Along with his inclusion in Super Lawyers, he has earned the AV Preeminent peer review rating* by Martindale-Hubbell, the highest possible rating. He was also awarded the 2013 Best of the Best - Attorney award by the Colorado Community Media, nominated for the Primo Award of Excellence: Attorney of the Year Award, and earned the Access Housing Humanitarian of the Year Award in 2008. For his chairmanship of a committee to build the Justice Center for the 17th Judicial District, he was awarded a certificate of appreciation from the Adams and Broomfield Bar Association.
Mr. Ciancio has also been a member of several Denver-area organizations, some of which include:
Board of Directors for the Metropolitan Football Stadium District (1997-Present)
Member of the Judicial Performance Commission, 17th Judicial District Chairman (2006-2014)
Adams County Drug Court, Advisory Committee (2012-2016)
Key Fundraiser for the Community Reach Center
Westminster Legacy Foundation Board Member (2008-2010)
President, Board of Directors, Adams Community Mental Health Center (1990-1993)
Board of Directors, Adams Community Mental Health Center (1980-1984)
City of Thornton Municipal Court Judge (1979-1995)
President of Board, Adams County Mental Health Foundation (1979-1985)
Board of Governors, Colorado Bar Association (1976-1977)
Vice President of the Adams County Bar Association (1973-1974); president (1975-1976)
Mr. Ciancio was admitted to the Colorado Bar Association in 1972, after earning his JD from the University of Denver in 1971 and his BA from the University of Colorado in 1969.
* AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasCriminal Defense, Administrative Law, Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault, Assault & Battery, Criminal Domestic Violence, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Felony, Licensing, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Sex Offenses, Theft, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
First Admitted: 1972, Colorado
Professional Webpage: http://www.colo-law.com/Attorneys/Gene-A-Ciancio.shtml
- Highest possible rating (AV) from Martindale-Hubbell®, known as the "Lawyers Dictionary".
- Named to the Colorado Super Lawyers list, 2012, 2013, 2014, & 2015. Named 2013 Best of the Best – Attorney by the Colorado Community Media Publications, 2013. Nominated for the Primo Award of Excellence: Attorney of the Year Award, 2012. Access Housing Humanitarian of the Year Award, 2008.
- Vice President, Adams County Bar Association, 1973 - 1974
- Member, Judicial Selection Commission for the Seventeenth Judicial District, 1976 - 1982
- President, Adams/Broomfield Bar Association, 1976
- Member, Board of Governors, Colorado Bar Association, 1976 - 1977
- Adams County Drug Court, Advisory Committee, 2012-Present
- Adams County Judicial Selection Committee, 1976-1982
- Board of Governors, Colorado Bar Association, 1978 - 1980
- Chairman, Election Campaign to approve a new Justice Center for the 17th Judicial District, 1991 - 1998
- President, Adams County Bar Association, 1975 - 1976
- Admitted to Colorado Bar in 1972
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Metropolitan Football Stadium District, 1997 - Present
- President, Board of Directors, Community Reach Center, 1990 - 1993
- Member of the Judicial Performance Commission, 17th Judicial District (Chairman), 2006 - 2014
- Key fundraiser for the Community Reach Center
- President of Board, Community Reach Center Foundation, 1979 - 1985
- The Ciancio family has been involved in raising funds for the local mental health center. We have raised in excess of $5,000,000. Access Housing is a shelter for homeless families with children. My family has been involved and worked with AH for over 20 years.
- Board Member, Westminster Legacy Foundation, 2008 - 2010
- Board of Directors, Community Reach Center, 1980 - 1984
- University of Colorado, Boulder, B.A., 1969
- Criminal Law
- Liquor Law
Office location for Gene A. Ciancio
1660 Lincoln St
Denver, CO 80264
- Super Lawyers: 2012 - 2024