Geoffrey P. Anderson
Top rated Real Estate attorney in Denver, ColoradoAnderson Notarianni McMahon, LLC
Practice Areas: Real Estate, Business Litigation
Licensed in Colorado since: 1985
Education: University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Geoff Anderson practices primarily in the areas of real estate and real estate litigation. His clients include property owners with title problems such as boundary disputes, access issues and other such dilemmas. He represents owners directly as well as property owners/insureds on behalf of title insurance companies. He has extensive experience in resolving road and access disputes including private condemnation for landlocked property. Mr. Anderson is the author of Colorado Quiet Title Actions originally published by Bradford Publishing (2008, updated 2010, 2011 and 2012). The Second Edition of Colorado Quiet Title Actions was published in July 2013. CLE in Colorado has taken over the publication and the Third Edition was published in 2016. He is also the author of the chapter on easements in Colorado Real Estate Forms Deskbook originally published by Bradford Publishing (2009). CLE of Colorado has also taken over this book and a Second Edition was published in 2016. Mr. Anderson is the author of a chapter in Thompson West's Colorado Methods of Pracitce, "Actions Concerning Real Estate - Foreclosing Mortgages and Other Liens Under Rule 105" (2017). He is the author of the chapter on Judicial Foreclosures in Foreclosure Law in Colorado published by CLE of Colorado (2017). He is a frequent lecturer on Colorado real estate issues and has acted as an expert witness on numerous occasions. Mr. Anderson is a member of the Real Estate Section Council of the Colorado Bar Association and was Chair of the Council for 2010-2011. He has also been a member of the Bar Association's Title Standards Committee since 2008 and is currently a member of the Forms Committee of the Colorado Real Estate Commission.
First Admitted: 1985, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.anm-law.com/about-ganderson
- Member, Real Estate Section Council of the Colorado Bar Association, Chair of the Council 2010-2011.
- Volunteer announcer on a jazz shift at public radio station KUVO in Denver since 1988. (kuvo.org) Current shift: 8 to 10 pm Tuesdays and All Blues every other Saturday afternoon from 4 to 6., 1988
- Colorado Quiet Title Actions, published by Bradford Publishing. Originally published in 2008, the Second Edition was published in July 2013. The book explains how to prepare and conduct quiet title actions in Colorado for the purpose of clearing title to real estate. Also, author of chapter on easements in Colorado Real Estate Forms Deskbook published by Bradford Publishing in 2009; Second Edition 2016. Author of chapter in Thompson West's Colorado Methods of Practice, "Actions Concerning Real Estate - Foreclosing Mortgages and Other Liens Under Rule 105" (2012-2018). Author of chapter on Judicial Foreclosures in Foreclosure Law in Colorado published by CLE of Colorado (2017)., Author, Colorado Quiet Title Actions, 2008
- BLy v. Story, 241 P.3d 529 (Colo. 2010) Story v. Bly, 217 P.3d 872 (Colo. App. 2008), 2010
- High Lonesome Ranch, LLC v. Board of County Commissioners for the County of Garfield, 2020 WL 7550123, United States District Court for the District of Colorado, 2020
- Oakwood Holdings, LLC v. Mortgage Investment Enterprises, LLC, 2018 CO 12 Colorado Supreme Court, 2018
- Shaw v. 17 West Mill St., LLC, ___ P.3d ___ 2013 CO 37, 2013 WL 3169412 (Colo. 2013), 2013
- Land Title Association Of Colorado