Gretchen E. Lipman
Top rated Employment & Labor attorney in Denver, ColoradoLaw Office of Gretchen E. Lipman
Gretchen E. Lipman is the founder of The Law Office of Gretchen E. Lipman, LLC, a distinguished legal establishment situated in Denver, Colorado. She focuses on the fields of labor and employment law, as well as family law. With an impressive professional career spanning more than two decades, she has earned a well-deserved reputation as a prominent legal practitioner who caters to a diverse clientele throughout the state of Colorado.
Ms. Lipman prioritizes her clients' unique needs and objectives, recognizing that each client possesses a distinct perspective. Her primary objective is to function as a solution provider, diligently striving to achieve the optimal outcome for her clients, whether by pursuing litigation or negotiating a well-considered settlement. Throughout the entire process, she remains committed to guiding her clients at every stage.
In 2003, Ms. Lipman completed her legal studies at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where she actively contributed to the Denver University Law Review and earned a position on the Honor Board. Additionally, she engaged in pro bono endeavors, notably participating in the family law court program in Denver.
In addition to her legal practice, Ms. Lipman holds membership in several prestigious organizations, including the Colorado Women's Bar Association, the Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee, the Colorado Plaintiff Employment Lawyers Association, the American Association for Justice, the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, the Sam Cary Bar Association and the Association of Family and Conciliation Courts.
Rated “Superb” on Avvo, Ms. Lipman’s exceptional legal acumen and unwavering commitment to ethical standards have earned her the AV-Preeminent* rating through Martindale-Hubbell*. She has also been named the Lawyer of the Year in the field of employment law for individuals in Denver by The Best Lawyers in America. Furthermore, she has made substantial contributions to the legal community as the author of the chapter titled “Preventative Maintenance for Employers” in the CBA-CLE’s “The Practitioner's Guide to Employment Law.” Her written work serves as a valuable resource in the realm of employment law.
In 2020, Ms. Lipman showcased her proficiency as a speaker at a seminar hosted by CBA-CLE, focusing on the guidance provided by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission in response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Her participation in this event underscores her dedication to staying at the forefront of legal developments and sharing her knowledge with her peers and the broader legal community.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasEmployment & Labor: Employee, Family Law
Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Employment Law - Employee, Labor Law, Marital Property, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law, Sexual Harassment, Wage & Hour Laws
- 50% Employment & Labor: Employee
- 50% Family Law
First Admitted: 2003, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://lipmanlawcolorado.com/attorney-profile/
- Colorado Bar Association, Member
- American Association for Justice, Member
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Member
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Volunteer work for Belleview Elementary School in board positions, volunteer positions, and committee chair positions.
- B.A., University of Northern Colorado, 1997
- Cherry Creek High School, 1993
- The topic is the EEOC's new guidelines regarding COVID-19., Speaker, COVID-19 Critical Employment Law Changes, Law, 2020
- I was selected as Best Lawyers' Lawyer of the Year in Denver for employment law- employee side., Best Lawyers Lawyer of the Year, Best Lawyers, 2020
- I have been awarded an AV rating with Martindale Hubbell since 2012., Martindale Hubbell AV Preeminent Rating, Martindale Hubbell
- I was selected to Best Lawyers for employment law, employee side., Best Lawyers - Employment Law - Employee
Office location for Gretchen E. Lipman
1776 S. Jackson Street
Denver, CO 80210
- Super Lawyers: 2023 - 2024