J. Todd Tenge
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Denver, CO
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Focusing his practice primarily on personal injury and wrongful death litigation, and with experience in bad faith and other insurance coverage issues as well, J. Todd Tenge is the founder of Tenge Law Firm LLC. From the firm’s main office in Boulder, Colorado, he provides representation to clients throughout the state.
Mr. Tenge majored in economics at the University of California, San Diego, receiving a Bachelor of Arts with honors in 1988. He then went on to attend the University of San Diego School of Law, and he served an externship with a judge on the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of California before being awarded his Juris Doctor in 1991. After graduation, Mr. Tenge was associated with an area law firm before moving to Colorado and opening his own practice in 1992.
Mr. Tenge’s personal injury caseload has included incidents involving auto-pedestrian accidents, defective products, nursing home abuse, construction site accidents, motor vehicle crashes and premises liability. He has enjoyed a great deal of success both in the courtroom and at the negotiating table, and in the process, he has been able to obtain millions of dollars in compensation for his plaintiff clients. This track record has not escaped the notice of his fellow members of the bar, and as a result, they have awarded him an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Tenge obtains many of his clients through referrals from other attorneys as well as from medical professionals who are seeing them as patients. Admitted to practice before all Colorado and California state courts, he is also admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado and the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 90%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 10%Insurance Coverage
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Construction Accident, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Insurance, Bad Faith Insurance
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
About J. Todd Tenge
First Admitted: 1992, Colorado
- California and U.S. District Court, Southern District of California, 1991
- American Association for Justice; Colorado Trial Lawyers Association; Colorado Bar Association; Boulder County Bar Association; Civil Litigation Co-Chair; medical/legal and Civil Litigation Co-Chair; Boulder County Bar Foundation Bar Fellow, American Trial Lawyers Association, Boulder County Bar Association, Litigation Section Co-Chair, Larimer County Bar Association, Denver County Bar Association, American Bar Association
- Colorado and U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1992
- Highest AVVO rated as “Superb”
- AVVO rating 10 out of 10
- 5 out of 5 AVVO client rating
- AVVO selection as a “Top Personal Injury Attorney”
- AVVO “Client’s Choice” Award in Personal Injury 2011, 2012 and 2013
- American Jurisprudence Award in Trial Advocacy
- 5.0 out of 5.0 Client Rating on Martindale Hubbell and Lawyers.com
- Highest Rating for Ethics and Ability by Martindale Hubbell
Pro bono/Community Service
- Monarch High School PTSO Board of Directors 2010-present; Monarch High School PTSO Fiscal Enrichment Committee Chair 2010 to present. YMCA Youth Soccer coach 2001-2006. YMCA Youth T-Ball Coach 2002. Sponsor Superior Elementary Fitness Camp 2004-2009.
- University of California, San Diego, B.A., with Departmental Honors in Political Science and Minor in Economics, 1988
- An update on the contract and ethics requirements associated with fee agreements. This was a CLE accredited seminar., Speaker, Fee Agreements - Ethics and Contracts, Boulder County Bar Association, 2003
- A introductory course on how to start and build a law firm., Speaker, Opening and Building a Law Firm, Boulder County Bar Association, 1999
- This article was a primer on the various entity types commonly held by businesses in Colorado, Author, Ask a Lawyer - Business Entities, Boulder Daily Camera, 1994
- This was a cover article on the new subrogation law in Colorado, C.R.S. 10-1-135. The article provided an in-depth analysis of the provisions of the new law and the application of it in every day auto accident litigation. I was asked to write the article by the Boulder County Bar Association in my role as the Co-Chair of the Civil Litigation Section of the Boulder Bar, Author, Colorado's New Anti-Subrogation Law, Boulder County Bar Newsletter, Boulder County Bar Association, 2011
- I was invited to appear on Channel 4 News via Haystack Colorado. I was interviewed on the topics of auto insurance coverage in Colorado, as well as offering advice to the public concerning what they ought to do in the event they are involved in an auto accident., haystackhelp.com/companies/tenge-law-firm/, Haystack Colorado - Consumer Referral Service, 2011
- Auto Litigation Section
- Litigation Section
- Medical/legal Section
- We fight for our clients to recover all losses! https://t.co/llwMMnCpAd https://t.co/Rife1mVn03
- 5 star service since 2011! https://t.co/WVqCMKaf8P
- Involved in an accident with a big rig? Our latest blog covers what your next steps should be in order to move forw… https://t.co/1DGrOmVjHj
- Check out our latest blog post to learn about your options following a traumatic brain injury. https://t.co/3pI6LSnNwz
- Bikers are likely to suffer much worse injuries in a collision with a passenger vehicle, as we saw in the recent tr… https://t.co/Vo6duSbpoD
Last Updated: 5/15/2022