Top rated Business Litigation attorney in Denver, ColoradoPhillips Legal, P.C.
Practice Areas: Business Litigation, Civil Litigation, Appellate; view more
Licensed in Colorado since: 2001
Education: University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Phillips Legal, P.C.2701 Lawrence St.
Denver, CO 80205 Visit website
James Phillips is the founder and owner of the law firm of Phillips Legal, P.C., in Denver, Colorado. Licensed to practice in Colorado since 2001, he has extensive experience handling all phases of litigation and appeals. A highly regarded civil and business litigation attorney, he assists clients with matters such as:
- Breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty
- Unfair competition
- Trade secret misappropriation
- Real estate litigation
- Fraud and civil theft
- Business breakups
- Vendor disputes
- Legal malpractice
A cum laude graduate of the University of Notre Dame, Mr. Phillips received his Bachelor of Arts in economics in 1997. He pursued his legal education at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law and obtained his Juris Doctor in 2001. During his law school, he served as a Symposium editor of Denver Law Review. He also wrote his first article on employment discrimination.
A tech-savvy attorney, Mr. Phillips provides custom-tailored strategies for each client and makes sure their rights are not trampled. He always keeps the lines of communication open, enabling them to make the best informed decisions. He has taken hundreds of cases to trial and has garnered many multimillion-dollar verdicts, including a $1.73 million verdict in an employment litigation case.
During the early part of his legal career, Mr. Phillips served as a law clerk to the Honorable Sandra I. Rothenberg at the Colorado Court of Appeals. He later gained immense civil litigation experience by working with a few other Denver, Colorado, law firms before starting his own firm.
Maintaining an active role in his legal community, Mr. Phillips holds memberships in many legal organizations. He is a past president of the Thompson G. Marsh Inn of Court. He also actively mentors the students at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law.
Practice areasBusiness Litigation, Civil Litigation: Defense, Appellate
Appeals, Non-Compete Agreements, Trade Secret
- 60% Business Litigation
- 30% Civil Litigation: Defense
- 10% Appellate
First Admitted: 2001, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://phillipslegalpc.com/
- CBA High School Mock Trial – Volunteer coach for Northfield High School 2015-16
- DBA Young Lawyers Division – Executive Council 2008 to 2012
- Thompson Marsh Inn of Court - Treasurer, 2016
- Faculty of Federal Advocates – Member
- Thompson Marsh Inn of Court – President 2017-2018 (officer since 2011)
- Thompson Marsh Inn of Court - President elect, 2017
- Thompson Marsh Inn of Court - President, 2018
- Thompson Marsh Inn of Court - Secretary, 2015
- University of Notre Dame, B.A., Economics, Cum Laude, 1997
- Employment Law: Disparate Treatment Employment Discrimination 77 Denv. U. L. Rev. 483 (2000)
- Colorado Super Lawyers 2017-present (Rising Star 2010 to 2015)
Office location for James Phillips
2701 Lawrence St.
Denver, CO 80205
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2015