Jay F. Kamlet is the founding partner of Kamlet LLP in Denver, Colorado. Mr. Kamlet has over 28 years of legal experience and focuses his practice on commercial real estate law. He serves clients in Denver and the surrounding areas.
Over his career, Mr. Kamlet has represented a diverse range of clients, including individual and corporate property owners and developers. He handles complex real estate transactions and is committed to helping his clients achieve their business and legal goals. He has successfully negotiated many joint venture and development agreements, as well as acquisitions and financing transactions.
In recognition of his accomplishments in the legal profession, Martindale-Hubbell awarded Mr. Kamlet an AV Preeminent* peer review rating for his high legal capability and ethical standards. He is listed in the publication “The Best Lawyers in America,” and Law Week Colorado named him the “Barristers Best Real Estate Lawyers” multiple years in a row (2014, 2016, 2020, 2021).
An involved member of his legal and professional communities, Mr. Kamlet has served in leadership positions for several organizations over the years. He continues to be involved with the American Red Cross of the Mile High Area, The Jewish Experience and the Women’s Foundation of Colorado and belongs to the Denver Community Kollel Advisory Board.
Mr. Kamlet earned a bachelor’s degree from Drake University and went on to graduate from the University of Colorado Law School. He holds licenses to practice law in Colorado, California and the District of Columbia. He is an active member of the Denver Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association and the American Bar Association.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasReal estate: business, Banking, Land use/zoning
- 50% Real estate: business
- 40% Banking
- 10% Land use/zoning
First Admitted: 1989, Washington DC
Professional Webpage: https://kamletlaw.com/about/jay-kamlet/
- Chairman of The Jewish Experience Corporate Co-Chair, The Women’s Foundation of Colorado Annual Luncheon Co-Founder, American Red Cross Bench & Bar Society for the Mile High Chapter Co-Chair, The Logan School’s $3 million “Home of Our Own” Capital Campaign Member, American, Colorado and Denver Bar Associations Member, Board of Advisors for the Denver Community Kollel, an institute for advanced Torah study Former Vice President, BMH BJ Congregation – recognized in 2007 for personal and family contributions to Congregation and Denver Community Past Director, American Jewish Committee Past Chairman, Allied Jewish Federation Genesis Committee Past Committee Member, Children’s International Summer Villages Past Committee Member, East High Angel Foundation Past Director, The Logan School for Creative Learning Past Director, D.A.R.E. Colorado Leadership Denver
- District of Columbia
- Selected for inclusion in Corporate Counsel Black Book, Real Estate Acquisitions/Divestitures section, 2008-2015
- Selected for inclusion in The Best Law Firms in America, 2020-present
- Martindale-Hubbell® “AV” Rating
- Selected for inclusion in Colorado Super Lawyers, 2006-present, Colorado Super Lawyers
- Selected by Law Week Colorado as the “Barristers Best Real Estate Lawyer,” 2014, 2016, 2020, 2021, Law Week Colorado
- Selected among The Best Lawyers in America®, 2009-present
Office location for Jay F. Kamlet
3900 E. Mexico Ave.
Denver, CO 80210
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2023