Jon Eric Stuebner
Top Rated Family Law Attorney in Denver, CO
As a Senior Associate at WZW Family Law, Jon Eric Stuebner focuses his practice on family law matters. Mr. Stuebner has been admitted to practice before all Colorado state courts since 2016.
The primary portion of Mr. Stuebner's caseload consists of his representation of people who are seeing their marriages come to an end. In that regard, he counsels them on such divorce-related issues as property division, child custody and visitation, and alimony and child support. Mr. Stuebner has extensive experience in mediation and collaborative divorce, and he thus often helps his clients come to an accord on some of those issues through the use of those methods of alternative dispute resolution methods. In the event that litigation becomes necessary, however, he is a vigorous advocate on their behalf in front of a judge.
In addition to his divorce practice, Mr. Stuebner advocates on behalf of clients whose marriages have already been legally dissolved and who are now seeking modifications to or the enforcement of existing support and parenting orders. Mr. Stuebner is also experienced in domestic relations appellate law, having been involved in several cases setting precedential case law.
His successful track record in all of these endeavors has not gone unnoticed by his fellow attorneys, and they have awarded him a "Superb" peer review rating through Avvo.
Mr. Stuebner majored in English language and literature at the University of Colorado Boulder and received a Bachelor of Arts in 2003. He then taught for several years at public schools while obtaining a Master of Arts before enrolling at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law. He was awarded his Juris Doctor in 2015.
About Jon Eric Stuebner
First Admitted: 2016, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.wzwfamilylaw.com
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Super Lawyers “Rising Star” – 2019, 2020
- Regis University, M.A.
- University of Colorado, B.A., English Literature
Pro bono/Community Service
- Scoring panelist for Colorado High School Mocktrial., 2018
- Scoring panelist for Colorado High School Mocktrial., 2016
- Article examining and discussing the issues faced by divorced parents when children return to school after the summer, with an emphasis on recent changes to school attendance due to COVID-19. , Author, Back to School: tips for divorced parents, ColoradoBiz, 2020
- “Trial Preparation from Start to Finish for Paralegals,” IPE, April 2017
- Presentation focused on document management tools, tips, and procedures including for use with correspondence, discovery, and trial preparation. , Co-Presenter, Litigation Document Management for Paralegals, Institute for Paralegal Education, 2020
- “A Litigation Paralegal’s Guide to Case Management,” IPE, April 2015
- A judicial and practitioner's guide to dealing with the often complicated issues of executive compensation in the context of a divorce., Co-Author, The Executive Compensation Handbook, 2018
- “Pretrial Interviews for Paralegals,” Institute for Paralegal Education, June 2017
- This article discusses the intersection of cannabis and family law in the context of both financial and parenting issues., Co-Author, Rocky Mountain High or a New Low: The Intersection of Cannabis and Family Law, Law Week Colorado, 2019
- This article explores certain aspects of a divorce that are unique to couples who are approaching or at retirement age., Co-Author, Divorce in the Golden Years: What to Consider, ColoradoBiz Magazine, 2016
- This article explores the potential benefits to family law attorneys from engaging in positive (rather than negative) procrastination., Author, The Benefits of Positive Procrastination, Family Lawyer Magazine, 2017
- This presentation offered an overview of many common issues that family attorneys face when dividing debt within the context of a divorce., Co-Presenter, Dividing Debt in Divorce: What Attorneys Need to Know, NBI, 2017
- This article describes the often unique issues that are present when dealing with marijuana businesses in the context of a divorce., Co-Author, Up in Smoke: Marijuana Businesses and Divorce, Law Week Colorado, 2017
Last Updated: 9/19/2022