Top rated criminal defense attorney in Denver, ColoradoStancil Law Firm, LLC
Practice Areas: Criminal defense, Family law; view more
Licensed in Colorado since: 2005
Education: University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Stancil Law Firm, LLC475 W 12th Ave
Denver, CO 80204 Visit website
A partner at the Denver-based law firm of Stancil Law Firm, LLC, attorney Julia Stancil skillfully represents individuals facing criminal accusations throughout Colorado, including the Denver metropolitan area and rural jurisdictions. She has extensive experience obtaining acquittals, case dismissals, and other positive outcomes in countless complex criminal matters involving homicide, sexual assault, child abuse and domestic violence allegations.
A proficient and diligent lawyer, Ms. Stancil has a multifaceted civil litigation and criminal defense practice, allowing her to help those affected by government agencies, prisons or police; those sued following a legal issue; or those with concurrent family law issues involving criminal charges. Due to her thorough understanding of the law and procedures, she is able to outline a range of options available to suit her clients’ needs.
Ms. Stancil is a summa cum laude political science and government graduate of Arizona State University. She completed her Juris Doctor degree at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where she received the Chancellor’s Scholarship for her high degree of involvement in public service. As a former public defender, she led a variety of felonies, including first-degree murder, sexual assaults, intricate economic crimes, cybersex crimes, kidnappings and sexual assaults on children, DUIs and traffic offenses.
An involved attorney in the legal community, Ms. Stancil belongs to the Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, the Colorado Women’s Bar Association, the National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers and the Colorado Bar Association. An Avvo Superb-rated attorney, she lectures as a guest speaker at statewide trainings on 404(b) evidence, constitutional challenges, opening statements, cross-examination, voir dire and several other topics.
Practice areasCriminal defense, Family law
Arrest & arraignment, Assault & battery, Criminal law, Drug & alcohol violations, Expungement, False accusations, Felony, Juvenile delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor vehicle offenses, Murder, Probation, Theft, Criminal domestic violence, Custody & visitation, Domestic violence, Juvenile law, Father's rights
First Admitted: 2005, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://stancillawfirm.com/
- Arizona State UniversityArizona State University, Bachelor of Arts (BA), Political Science and GovernmentBachelor of Arts (BA), Political Science and Government, Activities and societies: Honors College Graduate- Summa Cum Laude, 1999
- Julia Stancil has been appointed to the CJA Panel for appointments to represent those accused of crimes in Federal Court since 2019., 2022
- Colorado Women's Bar Association, 2022
- Selected as 5280 Top Lawyer in 2021 and 2022, 2022
- Julia Stancil has been nominated by her peers 2019, 2020, 2021, and 2022 as a Colorado Super Lawyer in the area of Criminal Defense. , Super Lawyers, Super Lawyers, 2022
Office location for Julia Stancil
475 W 12th Ave
Denver, CO 80204
- Super Lawyers: 2019 - 2023