Justin D. Pless
Top Rated Real Estate Attorney in Denver, CO
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012, 2014 - 2020
- Free Consultation
Attorney Justin D. Pless is the founder and owner of Pless Law Firm, LLC, which has law offices in Denver, Boulder and Fort Collins, Colorado. A nationally ranked lawyer, Mr. Pless provides invaluable counsel and support to a diverse range of clients across the state who have legal needs involving any of the following:
- Real estate law, including commercial real estate
- Land use and zoning
- Business and corporate law
- Finance and lending
Over the course of his legal career, Mr. Pless has achieved remarkable success helping his clients protect their rights and interests regarding their homes, businesses, property and other valuable assets, and he has gained a reputation for his outstanding business acumen as well as his in-depth legal knowledge.
He has served as instructor of undergraduate business law courses at Front Range Community College, and he has published many articles and conducted lectures and seminars on a variety of legal topics.
Honored for his outstanding professionalism and superior client service, Mr. Pless has earned consistent recognition from The Best Lawyers in America along with perennial designation as being among the top lawyers in his region. In addition, Law Week Colorado named him a finalist in its list of Up and Coming Attorneys in 2009, and Mr. Pless has received countless testimonials and referrals from his satisfied clients.
A 2004 graduate of The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he graduated with distinction, Mr. Pless obtained his Juris Doctor from the University of Colorado Law School in 2007, graduating Order of the Coif. He is an active member of the Commercial Real Estate Development Association, the International Council of Shopping Centers, the Denver Commercial Association of Realtors and the Association for Corporate Growth, among his other professional affiliations.
Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers in America© are registered trademarks of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC. The names, logo, and database are protected under the trademark, copyright, and fair use laws of the United States of America. Any use of name, including in electronic form, must be made only by permission and under the guidelines of BL Rankings, LLC d/b/a Best Lawyers and Co., LLC.
- 50%Real Estate: Business
- 20%Land Use/Zoning
- 10%Mergers & Acquisitions
Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
- Rising Stars: 2012, 2014 - 2020
About Justin D. Pless
First Admitted: 2007, Colorado
Professional Webpage: http://plesslaw.com/pless-law-team/justin-pless/
- Colorado Technology Law Journal, Note and Comment Editor
- CLE Course, Speaker/Faculty, Real Estate Contracts: Purchase & Sale Agreements, Leases & More, National Business Institute, 2020
- Author, Understanding Expansion Rights in Commercial Leases is Imperative, Colorado Real Estate Journal, 2011
- Craft Breweries, Distilleries Leases; Key Issues For Landlords, Tenants, Colorado Real Estate Journal (October 27, 2015)
- Speaker, Key Issues for LEED Consulting Agreements, Rocky Mountain Green 2011 Conference, US Green Building Council - Colorado Chapter, Commercial Real Estate, Green Building, 2011
- Author, Key Issues for LEED Consulting, Colorado Real Estate Journal, Commercial Real Estate, Green Building, 2010
- Author, Key Lease Default Provisions, Colorado Real Estate Journal, Commercial Real Estate, 2009
- Commercial Real Estate, Co-Author, Be Aware of Options to Renew or Extend Commercial Leases, Colorado Real Estate Journal, 2008
- Panel Speaker, How to Make Professional Connections, J.D. Pathways Conference, University of Colorado Law School, 2012
- Author, Landlords, Tenants Must Consider Assignment, Subletting Provisions, Colorado Real Estate Journal, 2012
- Colorado, Minnesota
- Member, Colorado Bar Association, 2007-Present; Member, Denver Bar Association, 2009-Present
Pro bono/Community Service
- University of Colorado Veterans Alumni Association, Chair, 2009-2012
- Instructor, Front Range Community College, Business Department, 2010-2011
- A.B., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Honors: With Distinction, 2004, 2004
- Pro Bono Legal Service Award, University of Colorado Law School, Pro Bono Legal Service Award, University of Colorado Law School, 2007
- Best Lawyers® in America, Real Estate Law (2020)
- Colorado Super Lawyer, 2021
- Colorado Super Lawyers, Rising Star, Real Estate (2012, 2014 – 2020)
- 2009 Finalist for the Law Week Colorado "Up and Coming Attorneys" Award, Finalist, Up and Coming Attorneys Award, Law Week Colorado, 2009
- Order of the Coif graduate from University of Colorado Law School, Order of the Coif, University of Colorado Law School, 2007
- CentrePoint Properties, 2015
- Stream Realty, 2018
- Black Bear Energy
- Donatelli Development
- Grist Brewing Company
- Adeptive Software Corporation
- New West Physicians, PC
- Colony Realty Partners
- BiggerPockets, Inc.
- SolidFire, Inc.
- ID Watchdog
- Vitesse Oil, LLC
- Naos Design Group, LLC
- Array BioPharma Inc.
- Photobucket Corporation
- CommercialTribe, Inc.
- Rocky Mountain Investment Partners
- Enservco Corporation
- Applied Broadband, Inc.
- Screen Pilot LLC
- Black Lab Sports LLC
- i2CSolutions, Inc.
- Sovrn, Inc.
- MHA Petroleum Consultants
- Stem Ciders, LLC
- Faction Inc.
- Egg Strategy, Inc.
- American Realty Advisors
- DHM Design Corporation
- Serenic Software, Inc.
- CopperMuse Distillery
- Franklin Retail Solutions, Inc.
- Soundwall, Inc.
- Lockheed Martin Corporation
- Ascent CRM LLC
- Wyatt Creative LLC
- Noosa Yoghurt, LLC
- BlueBolt, Inc.
Other Outstanding Achievements
- Justin D. Pless was selected to the Best Lawyers® in America 2021 list by his peers for his work in Real Estate Law, 2020
- Justin D. Pless was selected to the Best Lawyers® in America 2020 list by his peers for his work in Real Estate Law, 2019
- Commercial Real Estate
Last Updated: 5/15/2022