Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Denver, ColoradoCGH Law Firm
Attorney Kevin Cheney is a founding partner of the CGH Law Firm in Denver, Colorado. A highly rated trial advocate with a passion for helping those in need, Mr. Cheney devotes his practice to helping innocent accident victims and their families recover the full amount of compensation they deserve for the injuries and losses they suffered as the result of someone else's negligence or wrongdoing.
Serving a diverse range of clients across Colorado, Mr. Cheney has achieved notable success fighting on behalf of the rights and entitlements of his plaintiff clients. He has experienced firsthand the tactics insurance companies use to reduce or deny claims, and he endeavors to do all he can to help his clients stand up against the major corporations and the government to obtain the justice they deserve.
A native of Casper, Wyoming, Mr. Cheney learned the values of hard work, and he gained an intense compassion for helping his neighbors and the residents of his community. These values serve him well as he works to affect positive changes in the lives of people during their most difficult and uncertain times. Throughout his career, he has also gained extensive experience defending those accused of assault, and other felony and misdemeanor charges.
A 2010 graduate of the University of Hawaii, Mr. Cheney attended the University of Colorado Law School, where he obtained his Juris Doctor in 2014. The Colorado Bar Association admitted him to practice in 2016, and he helped establish the CGH Law Firm that same year. In law school, Mr. Cheney served as vice president of his class, and he successfully petitioned to have a City of Boulder ordinance struck down as unconstitutional. He also won numerous awards as a member of the school's mock trial competition team.
Active in his legal community, Mr. Cheney is a member of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, where he serves on the organization's legislative committee, advocating on behalf of the rights of consumers before the state legislature. He also serves on the Executive Council of the Colorado Bar Association, Young Lawyers Division.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Insurance Coverage, Aviation and Aerospace, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Aviation Accidents - Plaintiff, Bad Faith Insurance, Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Construction Accident, Dram Shop Laws, Insurance, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 60% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Insurance Coverage
- 10% Aviation and Aerospace
- 10% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2016, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://cghlawfirm.com/our-attorneys/kevin-cheney/
- University of Hawaii, Bachelor of Arts, Political Science and American Studies, 2010
- National Trial Competition Regional Finalist, University of Colorado Law School, 2014
- J. Witt Memorial Scholarship Recipient, University of Colorado Law School, 2013
- External Competition Chair of Moot Court Program, University of Colorado Law School, 2014
- Carrigan Cup Champion, University of Colorado Law School, 2014
- Regional Champion, New York City Bar Moot Court Competition, University of Colorado Law School , 2014
- Class Vice-President, University of Colorado Law School, 2014
- Co-Chair, New Lawyer's Committee, Colorado Trial Lawyer's Association, 2018
- Member, Legislative Committee, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 2019
- Co-Chair, New Lawyer's Committee, Colorado Trial Lawyer's Association, 2019
- Colorado Bar Association, Young Lawyer's Division, Executive Council , 2019
- Member, Legislative Committee, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 2018
- Member, Legislative Committee, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 2017
- Member, Boulder Bar Association
- Member, Denver Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- I co-lectured a presentation for young lawyers and law students at CU-Law about businesses development for small and mid-sized firms. I mainly focused on the small firm portion. , Speaker, Law Students And Young Lawyers, 2020
- Teacher at Learn Your Rights Colorado where we go into middle and high schools and teach youth about their constitutional rights, 2020
- Teacher at Learn Your Rights in Colorado or LYRIC for short. At LYRIC I teach high school students about their constitutional rights and how to safely interact with police officers. , 2019
- Teacher at Learn Your Rights in Colorado or LYRIC for short. At LYRIC I teach high school students about their constitutional rights and how to safely interact with police officers. , 2018
- Teacher at Learn Your Rights in Colorado or LYRIC for short. At LYRIC I teach high school students about their constitutional rights and how to safely interact with police officers. , 2017
Office location for Kevin Cheney
2701 Lawrence St.
Denver, CO 80205
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2024