Liane L. Heggy
Top Rated Mergers & Acquisitions Attorney in Denver, CO
Representing clients in Colorado in matters of business and corporate law, securities and corporate finance, and mergers and acquisitions, Liane L. Heggy is an attorney with MDH Law Group LLC. As she works with companies in all stages of development, she is experienced in matters of equity incentives, compensation arrangements, structuring and restructuring company ownership, and as general counsel for many businesses.
Ms. Heggy earned a Bachelor of Arts, Master of Arts and a Ph.D. in sociology from the University of Maryland. After graduating, she attended Georgetown University Law Center, where she graduated cum laude in 1994 with her Juris Doctor. Two years later, she earned her Master of Laws in taxation from Georgetown University Law Center. Her extensive education allows her to often act as both corporate adviser and tax adviser for her clients.
Admitted to practice in Virginia, Wyoming, Colorado and the District of Columbia, Ms. Heggy is also admitted before the United States Tax Court. She was chosen by Denver Business Journal as a Woman of Distinction in 2009 and selected by Law Week Colorado in 2010 as one of the Top Women Lawyers. In the area of tax law, she has been included as one of the Best Lawyers in America for almost a decade.
Ms. Heggy is a member of the Association for Corporate Growth, the American Bar Association, the District of Columbia Bar, the Wyoming State Bar, The Virginia Bar Association and the Colorado Bar Association. Many clients rely on Ms. Heggy and her extensive knowledge to resolve issues they have with local taxing authorities and the Internal Revenue Service.
Business Formation and Planning, Limited Liability Companies, Partnership, Sub-chapter S Corporations, Contracts, Business Organizations, Tax Law
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
About Liane L. Heggy
First Admitted: 1994
Professional Webpage: http://mdhlawgroup.com/liane-l-heggy/
- Association for Corporate Growth
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Wyoming Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- U.S. Tax Court
- District of Columbia
- Selected to “Top Women Lawyers 2010” Law Week Colorado
- Named “Woman of Distinction” 2009 Denver Business Journal
- Selected to Colorado Super Lawyers 2017, 2018, 2019
- Selected to Best Lawyers in America for 2010 – 2019 in the area of tax law
- B.A., Sociology, University of Maryland, 1984
- M.A., Sociology, University of Maryland, 1985
- Ph.D., Sociology, University of Maryland, 1990
- LLM Taxation, Georgetown University Law Center, 1996
Last Updated: 5/15/2022