Lindsay N. Brown
Top Rated Schools & Education Attorney in Denver, CO
- Free Consultation
- Virtual Appointments
Lindsay N. Brown is a Denver, Colorado, attorney and a Shareholder at Meilstrup & Brown and 2nd-Chair. For nearly thirteen years, she has been effectively and diligently defending the rights of students and those accused of criminal offenses in state and federal court. She capably challenges all kinds of criminal charges, including drug distribution, juvenile offenses, murder, burglary, sexual harassment and violence, drug offenses, assault, white collar crimes and more.
Since 2015, Lindsay has developed a special focus representing students in a variety of academic and other disciplinary proceedings. She is a state-wide expert in Title IX defense, and regularly represents Respondents and Complainant students in those proceedings. She also represents secondary, post-secondary, and graduate students in disciplinary proceedings and other education-related matters. She is routinely asked to speak to other attorneys about Title IX.
After completing her Bachelor of Science at Pepperdine University in 2004, Ms. Brown attended the University of Colorado Law School to pursue her legal education. She received her Juris Doctor in 2009 and became qualified to practice law in Colorado the same year.
As a trial attorney with nearly thirteen years of experience, Ms. Brown has represented hundreds of individuals facing Title IX proceedings, allegations of sexual assault, suspension or expulsion from school and those facing a variety of criminal accusations. She also gained invaluable insight into the criminal justice system by partnering with two esteemed Colorado law firms for nearly ten years. Over her career, she has tried more than 50 cases to verdict. She regularly represents students in Title IX and other grievance proceedings in the university setting. She also drafts state and federal appeals, critical motions, and civil rights complaints against the government.
Ms. Brown has found ways to give back to her community. She volunteers her time to provide pro bono legal services, and served as a board member at the Rocky Mountain Down Syndrome Association, a nonprofit organization in Denver, Colorado, providing education, resources and support to people with Down syndrome. She is an active member of the Rhone Brackett Inn of Court, the Denver Bar Association, the Women's White Collar Defense Association, and the Colorado Women's Bar Association.
As a result of Ms. Brown’s exceptional trial skills, she's been named to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars list since 2017, and The National Trial Lawyers selected her for inclusion in the Top 40 Under 40 attorneys list for several years in a row.
- 80%Schools & Education
- 10%Criminal Defense
Schools, Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, False Accusations, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Probation, Sex Offenses, Criminal Domestic Violence
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2021
About Lindsay N. Brown
First Admitted: 2009, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.meilstrupbrown.com
- Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2016-2022)
- Selected as one of the Top 100 Trial Lawyers in Criminal Defense in the United States, Top 100 Trial Attorneys, National Trial Lawyer's Association, 2016
- Selected as one of the Top 40 attorneys in Colorado under 40 years of age. , Top 40 Under 40, National Trial Lawyer's Association
- For exceptional work at the Colorado State Public Defenders Office, Lowrey Kelley Award, 2011
- People v. Schaufele, 325 P.3d 1060 (Colo. 2014)
- Bachelor of Science from Pepperdine University in Malibu, California. Major in Business Administration and Accounting, 2004
- Rhone Brackett Inn of Court, Member, 2016
- Women's White Collar Defense Association, 2022
- Denver Bar Association, Member, 2015
- Colorado Women's Bar Association, Member, 2015
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board Member, Board of Directors for the Rocky Mountain Down Syndrome Association, 2016
- Speaker on Title IX Investigations and Defense , Speaker, Excellence in Juvenile Defense, Colorado Juvenile Defender Center, 2021
Last Updated: 9/20/2022