Luke S. Abraham
Top rated Family Law attorney in Denver, ColoradoSherr Puttmann Akins Lamb PC
Luke S. Abraham is a family law attorney at the Denver, Colorado, law firm of Sherr Puttmann Akins Lamb PC. He assists clients throughout the Denver metropolitan area with matters such as:
· Contested and uncontested divorce
· Cohabitation and legal separation agreements
· Child custody and support
· Equitable property distribution
· Prenuptial and postnuptial agreements
· Post-divorce modification
· Qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs)
· Spousal support
With 15-plus years of experience practicing law, Mr. Abraham is acutely aware of the emotional strain that falls on families while facing a legal issue. Knowing that some family law cases take longer than expected, he is adept at determining whether a case needs to be negotiated out of court or fought at trial. He also takes on appeals cases, arguing before the Colorado Court of Appeals many times.
Mr. Abraham has always enjoyed the challenge of coming up with creative solutions for difficult problems. He is often endorsed by his clients for his honest and pragmatic approach. For his contributions to the legal field and his excellent client services, he has been rated “Very Good” on Avvo.
Mr. Abraham graduated summa cum laude from the University of Colorado with a B.A. in economics and history in 2001. During this time, he was a member of Phi Beta Kappa, an invitation-only organization that is reserved for students who show exceptional skills in the arts and sciences. He then attended the George Mason University School of Law, receiving his Juris Doctor in 2005. He was first admitted to practice in Virginia in 2005 and later in Colorado in 2012.
Mr. Abraham is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, the Denver Bar Association and the Arapahoe County Bar Association. Moreover, he conducts seminars and presentations on topics related to family law.
Practice areasFamily Law
Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic Violence, Father's Rights, Juvenile Law, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Name Change, Paternity, Prenuptial Agreements, Same Sex Family Law
- 100% Family Law
First Admitted: 2005, Virginia
Professional Webpage: https://www.spalfamilylaw.com/professionals/luke-s-abraham/
- Virginia Super Lawyers Rising Star, (2011-2012)
- Family Case Law Update for the Rocky Mountain Paralegal Association Family Law Section on May 10, 2022
- Family Case Law Update for the Rocky Mountain Paralegal Association Family Law Section on April 12, 2016
- Family Case Law Update for the Rocky Mountain Paralegal Association Family Law Section on January 10, 2017
- Family Case Law Update for the Boulder Bar Family Law Section on October 23, 2019
- Family Case Law Update for the Annual ODR Contractor Meeting on October 31, 2019
- Family Case Law Update for the Family Law Section CLE Luncheon on January 17, 2020
- Family Case Law Update for the Family Law Section CLE Luncheon on February 18, 2022
- Presentation on Property Division at the Family Law Basic Skills CLE on March 24, 2022
- Colorado, 2012
- Arapahoe County Bar Association
- Denver County Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- University of Colorado-Boulder, Boulder, Colorado, 2001, Honors: summa cum laude, Honors: Phi Beta Kappa
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
Office location for Luke S. Abraham
7979 East Tufts Ave.
Denver, CO 80237
- Rising Stars: 2011 - 2012