Malcolm B. Seawell
Top Rated Criminal Defense Attorney in Denver, CO
- Free Consultation
Malcolm B. Seawell is the founder of his eponymous law firm that is based in Englewood, Colorado. Dividing his practice among criminal defense matters, personal injury litigation and estate planning, he provides representation to clients throughout the Denver area. Mr. Seawell majored in criminal justice and economics at American University and received a Bachelor of Arts with honors in 1987. His legal education was obtained at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, and in 1991, he was awarded his Juris Doctor with highest honors.
After he graduated from law school, Mr. Seawell served as the deputy district attorney for the state’s 18th Judicial District, where he handled the prosecution of state crimes. Since entering private practice, he has received a great deal of acclaim from his colleagues for the overall high quality of his work and his successful track record. Among his honors are an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, Mr. Seawell has been named to The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100.
In his criminal defense practice, Mr. Seawell represents people who are facing misdemeanor or felony charges. His cases have included drug possession, driving under the influence of alcohol, weapons violations, sexual assault and domestic violence, and he has obtained numerous dismissals and acquittals and negotiated favorable plea agreements.
Mr. Seawell also represents clients who have been harmed due to the negligence of other parties in cases arising out of motor vehicle crashes, animal bites and defective products. And, he has helped his clients achieve favorable outcomes through their receipt of significant compensation for their losses as the result of jury awards and negotiated settlements.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
- 80%Criminal Defense
- 10%Estate Planning & Probate
- 10%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Arrest & Arraignment, Assault & Battery, Criminal Fraud, Criminal Law, Drug & Alcohol Violations, Expungement, Felony, Juvenile Delinquency, Misdemeanor, Motor Vehicle Offenses, Murder, Sex Offenses, Theft, Traffic Violations, Criminal Domestic Violence, Assault, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Wrongful Death, Trucking Accidents
- Super Lawyers: 2021 - 2022
About Malcolm B. Seawell
First Admitted: 1991, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://seawelllaw.com/meet-the-team/malcolm-b-seawell/
- BA with Honors, Criminal Justice, Minor in Economics, American University, Washington, DC, 1987
- The Order of St. Ives is awarded for outstanding achievement in the study of law upon graduation from the University Of Denver and recognizes those law students upon graduation who are in the top 10 percent of their graduating class, Order of Saint Ives, University of Denver - Sturm College of Law, 1991
- One of Denver’s top 100 attorneys
- The National Trial Lawyers: Top 100 an invitation-only organization composed of the premier trial lawyers from each state in the nation who meet stringent qualifications as civil plaintiff and/or criminal defense trial lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers, The National Trial Lawyers, 2015
- Malcolm Seawell was awarded the American Jurisprudence awards for obtaining the highest grade in law school in the following subjects: Corporations, Appellate Advocacy and Procedure, Criminal Law, and Criminal Procedure, American Jurisprudence Award Winner, American Jurisprudence, 1991
- AV Preeminent® is a significant rating accomplishment - a testament to the fact that a lawyer's peers rank him or her at the highest level of professional excellence, AV Preeminent Rated Attorney, Martindale Hubbell
- Outstanding academic achievement for the study of criminal justice at the American University, Alpha Phi Sigma, National Criminal Justice Honor Society, 1987
- Admitted to practice in the State of Colorado, 1991
- Admitted to practice in the Federal District Court for Colorado, 1996
Pro bono/Community Service
- Board Member Colorado Criminal Defense Bar, 2020
- Pro bono attorney for the Collateral Relief Project of the Colorado Criminal Defense Institute providing representation to indigent individuals seeking to seal criminal records and others in pursuance of deregistration from Colorado's sex offender registry, 2017
- Colorado Bar Association
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar
- National Association Of Criminal Defense Attorneys
- Top 100 Trial Lawyers
Last Updated: 5/15/2022