Matthew R. Giacomini
Top rated personal injury attorney in Denver, ColoradoSpringer & Steinberg, P.C.
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Civil litigation, Criminal defense; view more
Licensed in Colorado since: 1984
Education: University of Colorado Law School
Springer & Steinberg, P.C.1600 Broadway
Denver, CO 80202 Visit website
Matthew R. Giacomini is a third generation Colorado lawyer born in Sterling, Colorado, on May 24, 1958. Mr. Giacomini is married with two sons and lives in Lakewood, Colorado. As a member of Springer and Steinberg, P.C., in Denver, Colorado, since 2002, Mr. Giacomini represents clients in Colorado and Wyoming. Mr. Giacomini was licensed to practice law in Colorado in 1984 after graduating that year from the University of Colorado Law School where he was president of his class. Mr. Giacomini was also admitted to practice law in Wyoming in 1993.
Mr. Giacomini is an experienced trial lawyer. His practice focuses on the following areas of litigation: personal injury, including catastrophic injuries, automobile accidents, wrongful death and premises liability; criminal matters, including DUIs and felony charges; and commercial and business matters serving plaintiffs and defendants. Matt, a partner at Springer and Steinberg, P.C., is a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA), an organization whose elected members are trial lawyers of high personal character and honorable reputation. Members must have first-chaired at least 10 civil jury trials, as well as many criminal jury trials.
After leaving law school, Mr. Giacomini served as a Deputy District Attorney in Adams County, Colorado, until 1987. By joining the Denver law firm of White & Steele in 1987, he gained valuable knowledge and experience in civil litigation. In 1989, he joined the Burg Simpson firm. As a partner at Burg Simpson, Mr. Giacomini served both plaintiffs and defendants in personal injury and business litigation matters. In 2002, Mr. Giacomini joined Springer and Steinberg, P.C., where his civil law practice has continued to flourish in serving personal injury and commercial clients. At Springer and Steinberg, P.C., Mr. Giacomini also serves clients in criminal matters ranging from DUIs to felony cases.
Mr. Giacomini has been named a Colorado Super Lawyer since 2009 and has been named an AV Preeminent* attorney, a designation that results from peer review by judges and attorneys in recognition of the outstanding practice of law and high ethical standards of an attorney.
*AV Preeminent and BV Distinguished are certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories - legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Civil litigation: defense, Criminal defense
Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Brain injury, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Criminal law
- 60% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Civil litigation: defense
- 20% Criminal defense
First Admitted: 1984, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.springersteinberg.com/attorneys/matthew-r-giacom...
- President of Class, University of Colorado, 1984
- Bar Fellow, Colorado Bar Association Foundation, 2001
- AV Preeminent Peer Review Rated by Martindale Hubbell®
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Wyoming, 1993
- Colorado, 1984
- United States 10th Circuit Appeals Court
- Member, Wyoming Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of Wyoming
- Member, Jefferson County Bar Association
- U.S. District Court, District of Colorado, 1988
- Mr. Giacomini’s representative clients include catastrophically injured persons; automobile accident victims; business and commercial venture litigants; and criminal Defendants.
- Melton By and Through Melton v. Larrabee, 832 P.2d 1069(Colo. App.), 1992
- Passamano v. Travelers Indem. Co., 882 P.2d 1312(Colo.), 1994
- Comiskey v. Valley Forge Ins. Co., 781 P.2d 188(Colo. App.), 1989
- Schneider v. Caterpillar, Inc., 301 Fed.Appx. 755(10th Cir.), 2008
- Lego v. Schmidt, 805 P.2d 1119(Colo. App.), 1990
- University of Denver, M.S. in Judicial Administration, 1981
- University of Colorado–Boulder, B.S. in Business, 1980
Office location for Matthew R. Giacomini
Denver, CO 80202
- Super Lawyers: 2009 - 2023