Meagan K. Moodie
Top rated family law attorney in Denver, ColoradoGebhardt Emerson Moodie Bonanno, LLC
Meagan K. Moodie is a prominent family law attorney and named partner at Gebhardt Emerson Moodie Bonanno, LLC ("GEM Family Law"). She is licensed in Colorado, offering her clients practical and effective representation during complicated legal matters. Meagan focuses her practice on family law as an Attorney, Mediator, Child & Family Investigator, and Parental Coordinator/Decision Maker.
Meagan handles a wide range of family law cases, from divorces and post decree modifications, to protection orders and collaborative divorces. She specializes in difficult cases such as those involving domestic violence, addiction, mental health, and relocation out of state. As a partner attorney with Project Safeguard, Meagan is particularly well versed in obtaining and defending Civil Protection Orders. Meagan deliberately takes on these challenging matters in hopes of helping parties come to a resolution that would otherwise be unlikely.
Meagan brings a practical and personal understanding to her family practice. She’s had extensive training to become a certified Child & Family Investigator, a certified Mediator, and a Parental Coordinator/Decision Maker. Meagan has also had significant training in the issues surrounding domestic violence, child abuse, and trauma survivors. Meagan’s previous work experiences include the family division of Colorado Legal Services, in the family division of the Saint Louis University Legal Clinic, as a clerk in the Denver District Court, and at her solo law practice, The Moodie Law Firm. She has successfully tried hundreds of cases in many Colorado courtrooms.
Meagan is a Colorado native who was born and raised in Denver. She graduated from Bear Creek High School in Lakewood, Colorado and completed her undergraduate studies at Regis University in Denver. In 2012, Meagan graduated from Saint Louis University School of Law, passed the Colorado Bar, and soon moved back to to her hometown. She now lives in Denver with her husband, their son, and their rescued puppies Bailee & Bentley. Meagan spends her free time camping, hiking, gardening, traveling, cooking, and cheering for the Denver Broncos!
Meagan is on the Board of Directors of the Colorado Women’s Bar Association, and belongs to the Colorado Bar Association, the Denver Bar Association, the Colorado Women’s Owned Law Firm (WOLF) organization, the Family Law Section of the CBA, the Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals, the Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee, the Junior League of Denver, and the board of Family Tree, Inc. She is a partner attorney with Project Safeguard, a Metro Volunteer Lawyer, a volunteer for LAWLINE 9 and “Legal Night”, and is involved with the modern law practice initiative of the Colorado Bar Association. She is committed to helping both her clients and the community through her involvement in many Denver Metro organizations.
Practice areasFamily law
Alimony & spousal support, Child support, Custody & visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Domestic violence, Prenuptial agreements, Marital property, Mediation & collaborative law, Same sex family law, Father's rights
- 100% Family law
First Admitted: 2012, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://familylawco.com/about/meagan-moodie/
- B.A., Regis University, 2008
- Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center, Volunteer Guardian Ad Litem, 2013
- Junior League of Denver, Public Policy Committee, 2017
- Colorado Women's Bar Association (CWBA), Board of Directors , 2012
- CBA, Modern Law Practice Initiative
- “Legal Night” and LAWLINE 9 Volunteer
- Metro Volunteer Lawyer
- Project Safeguard, Partner Attorney, 2018
- The Family Tree Inc., Board of Directors, 2018
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee, 2017
- Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals, 2017
- Colorado Women’s Owned Law Firm (WOLF) organization, 2017
- Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2012
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association, Board of Directors, 2012
- Denver Bar Association, 2012
- Colorado Bar Association, 2012
- Colorado Divorce and the Treatment of Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation Awards, Colorado Trial Lawyer’s Association’s Trial Talk, Oct-Nov 2017, Author, Colorado Divorce and the Treatment of Personal Injury and Workers’ Compensation Awards, Colorado Trial Lawyer’s Association’s Trial Talk, 2017
- Presented at the 2020 Colorado Family Law Institute. , Presenter, ICE Age—When Either Party is a Non-citizen: The Intersection of Family Law and Immigration Law, 2020
- Trained and Certified Mediator, 2018
- Trained and Certified PCDM (Parenting Coordinator/Decision Maker), 2017
- Trained and Certified Child & Family Investigator, 2017
- Best Lawyers in America - Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers in America - Ones to Watch, Best Lawyers , 2020
- U.S. News and World Report’s Best Lawyers in America - Tier 1 Best Law Firm in the field of Family Law , Tier 1 Best Law Firm in the field of Family Law , U.S. News and World Report’s Best Lawyers in America, 2021
- Top 100 Women Owned Businesses In Colorado, Top 100 Women Owned Businesses In Colorado, Colorado Biz Magazine , 2020
Office location for Meagan K. Moodie
650 S Cherry St
Denver, CO 80246
- Rising Stars: 2019 - 2023