Michael Lee Nimmo
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Denver, CO
Selected to Rising Stars: 2012, 2014 - 2016
Michael L. Nimmo is a partner at Denver Trial Lawyers, and he focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. He represents clients in the greater Denver metropolitan area and throughout the state of Colorado. Mr. Nimmo attended The University of Oklahoma’s Price College of Business as an undergraduate, and in 2000, he received a Bachelor of Business Administration in international business. He then moved to Arkansas for his legal education and enrolled at the University of Arkansas School of Law, and in 2005, he was awarded his Juris Doctor.
Mr. Nimmo has been able to recover millions of dollars in jury awards and negotiated settlements for his clients who have been harmed due to the negligence of other parties. The cases that he has worked on have involved medical malpractice, church sexual abuse, defective products, truck, motorcycle, and other motor vehicle crashes, auto-pedestrian accidents and premises liability. Some of his representative results have included a $5 million settlement for a client who was injured in a truck accident, a $5 million settlement in a products liability case and $750,000 for a minor client who was riding in a church van that rolled over. These and other successes have earned Mr. Nimmo an “Excellent” peer review rating through Avvo along with other honors, including receiving the Colorado Bar Association's "New Trial Lawyer of the Year Award" in 2014 and being selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America.
Mr. Nimmo has been admitted to practice before all Colorado state courts since 2005. He stays abreast of current developments in his practice area through his professional memberships in the Arapahoe County Bar Association, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association and the Denver Bar Association.
- 100%Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Wrongful Death, Brain Injury, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Trucking Accidents, Premises Liability - Plaintiff
- Super Lawyers: 2017 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2012, 2014 - 2016
About Michael Lee Nimmo
First Admitted: 2005, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.denvertriallawyers.com/attorneys/michael-l-nimmo...
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Legislative council
- Trucking Litigation Group in the American Advocates for Justice, Member
- American Advocates for Justice, Leader Forum member
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Eagle member
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Member, 2005 – Present
- New Lawyers Committee, Co-Chair
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Past Board Member
- American Association for Justice
- Colorado Bar Association
- Seminar Committee for the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Co-Chair
- Denver Bar Association
- Arapahoe County Bar Association, Member, 2005 – Present
- Business Torts – A Fifty State Guide, Colorado Chapter, Aspen, 2007 Edition, 2007
- Speaker, Northglenn Middle School 6th Grade Class for their Career Day, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Speaker, Student Bar Association, University of Denver, April 2009
- The National Trial Lawyers, Top 40 Under 40, 2012
Last Updated: 9/19/2022