Penelope L. Clor
Top Rated Personal Injury Attorney in Denver, CO
Penelope L. Clor is an attorney at Tomazin, Hillyard & Clor, LLP, in Greenwood Village, Colorado. A registered nurse as well as an attorney, Ms. Clor focuses her practice on medical malpractice and personal injury law, serving clients in Denver, the Front Range and throughout the state of Colorado.
Ms. Clor has more than 25 years of experience handling matters involving automobile accidents, bad faith insurance claims, premises liability, product liability, social security disability and workers’ compensation. She also practices in the area of employment law and has experience with discrimination, sexual harassment and wrongful termination cases.
In addition to her practice, Ms. Clor lectures for groups including Lorman Education Services and Institute for Paralegal Education as well as at various classes and seminars. She serves as a coach for the Grandview High School and Montbello High School mock trial teams and volunteers as a court appointed special advocate in Arapahoe County.
Actively involved in the Colorado legal community, Ms. Clor is a member of the Colorado Bar Association, the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, the Colorado Women’s Bar Association and The American Association of Nurse Attorneys. She sits on the board of directors for the Colorado Youth Symphony Orchestra and is a former board member of the Epilepsy Foundation of Colorado.
Ms. Clor earned a bachelor’s degree in nursing from the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston and received her law degree from the Sturm College of Law of University of Denver. She attained her license to practice law in 1993, making her eligible to appear before all Colorado state courts.
About Penelope L. Clor
First Admitted: 1993, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.thedenverinjurylawfirm.com/About-Our-Firm/Penelo...
- , 10 Best Client Satisfaction , American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys
- Recipient, American Jurisprudence Award in Civil Procedure
- , Top 100 Trial Lawyers , The National Trial Lawyers
Pro bono/Community Service
- Appointed to the Arapahoe County Liquor Authority
- Volunteer Court Appointed Special Advocate in Arapahoe County “CASA”
- Volunteer, Coach, Montbello High School Mock Trial Team
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Colorado Epilepsy Foundation
- Board of Directors of Colorado Youth Symphony Orchestra
- Coach Grandview High School Mock Trial Team
- University of Texas Health Science Center, Bachelor of Science, Nursing, 1983
- Risk Management & Informed Consent in Colorado, Lorman Education Services, 2002 - Present
- Speaker, How to Use Medical Records in Evaluating the Case & Formulating a Damages Theory, CTLA Convention in Snowmass Colorado, August 3, 2017
- “Medical Record Evaluation for Paralegal,” Institute for Paralegal Education, 2008
- In-service for Best Care Home Health Care, Titled Best Practices: Medical Documentation, September, 2009
- “Medical Experts and Records: Proper Use in Civil Litigation,” October, 2013
- Medical Legal Issues for the Surgical Nurse, Co. Springs-The Surgical Nurse Association, 2000 - Present
- Board Member of the Aurora Bar, 2019
- Member of the Arapahoe County Bar
- Member, Woman’s Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 1993 - Present
- Member, American Association of Nurse Attorneys
- Member, Colorado Bar Association, 1993 - Present
- I represented a child in a lawsuit filed against his medical providers in Nebraska. This case involved the misdiagnosis and/or delayed diagnosis of a serious, but common gastrointestinal abnormality that should have been recognized at birth and treated at birth. Because of the delay in diagnosis and treatment, this child suffered serious permanent physical impairments and will require life long medical care and treatment. I was able to achieve a substantial settlement that will provide for this child's future medical care and needs as well as compensate him for his physical impairment. , 2018
- I represented a child that sustained serious permanent injuries during medical transport to a hospital specializing in the care of children. We were able to reach a substantial settlement in this matter that will provide funds for my client's past losses as well as her future medical needs. , 2019
- Civil Sexual assault Case. I represented a young woman in a claim that we filed against a homeowners' insurance policy who was raped at a party in the home. We were able to reach a substantial settlement in this case. , 2019
Last Updated: 5/15/2022