Sean B. Leventhal
Top rated Personal Injury attorney in Denver, ColoradoLeventhal Lewis Kuhn Taylor Swan PC
Practice Areas: Personal Injury, Medical Malpractice; view more
Licensed in Colorado since: 2010
Education: University of Denver Sturm College of Law
Languages Spoken: English, Hebrew
Leventhal Lewis Kuhn Taylor Swan PC3773 Cherry Creek N Dr
Denver, CO 80209 Visit website
As a Shareholder of Leventhal Lewis, and as Manager of the Personal Injury and Medical Malpractice Practice Group in Denver, Colorado, attorney Sean B. Leventhal has achieved notable success advocating on behalf of those who suffered an injury or lost a loved one due to someone else's negligent, careless or reckless actions.
A native of Colorado, Mr. Leventhal serves plaintiff personal injury clients throughout the state, and he has also successfully litigated numerous personal injury and wrongful death cases in Nebraska, Montana, Arizona and New Mexico. Delivering the personalized, compassionate counsel his clients deserve, Mr. Leventhal aggressively pursues the maximum amount of compensation possible on behalf of those he serves, and he has secured millions of dollars in settlements and awards for those in need.
From this high level of success, Mr. Leventhal has received numerous awards and honors throughout his career. He Holds perfect ratings from Avvo, and he received the site's Clients' Choice Award for personal injury in 2016. He is also Lead Counsel verified, and from 2016 through 2022, The National Trial Lawyers voted him among the country's Top 40 Under 40 and the Top 100 Trial Lawyers.
A 2004 graduate of the University of Colorado Boulder, Mr. Leventhal attended the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, where he graduated with Order of St. Ives honors (Top 10% of Class) and obtained his Juris Doctor in 2010. He is admitted to practice in all Colorado State Courts, before the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 10th Circuit.
While pursuing his legal degree, Mr. Leventhal was highly active with the school's Transportation Law Journal and won the Hartje Objective Writing Award in 2007. He also served with the criminal law clinic, where he provided unmatched legal counsel to people with limited means.
Mr. Leventhal also has a passion for aviation and aviation safety. Mr. Leventhal also works as a professional pilot. Mr. Leventhal is currently an FAA Certified Flight Instructor. Further, before entering the legal profession, Mr. Leventhal was a commercial airline pilot with the rank of Captain based in Denver. During his time as an airline pilot, he established and led a program in the airline's safety department that allowed crew members to report any safety issues to the FAA and airline management in order effectively manage and prevent such events from occurring again in the future. Mr. Leventhal continues to maintain his currency as to all of his certificates and ratings.
Practice areasPersonal Injury - General: Plaintiff, Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
Animal Bites, Assault, Birth Injury, Brain Injury, Delayed or Incorrect Diagnosis, Informed Consent, Medical Malpractice, Motor Vehicle Accidents, Personal Injury - Plaintiff, Premises Liability - Plaintiff, Sexual Abuse - Plaintiff, Slip and Fall, Trucking Accidents, Wrongful Death
- 80% Personal Injury - General: Plaintiff
- 20% Personal Injury - Medical Malpractice: Plaintiff
First Admitted: 2010, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.lks.law/our-team/sean-b-leventhal
- FAA Certified Flight Instructor
- FAA Airline Transport Pilot (ATP) , 2007
- University of Colorado at Boulder, B.A.
- Top 10% of graduating class, Order of St. Ives, University of Denver Sturm College of Law, 2010
- "It is the mission of America’s Top 100 LLC to recognize annually and on a lifetime basis the most qualified and accomplished professionals in various fields of practice, including attorneys, doctors, dentists, realtors, accountants, engineers, and architects (among other professionals). Membership in each specific category is by invitation-only after a multi-phase selection process including third-party research and statistical analysis of a candidate’s professional experience, achievements, significant results, community impact, peer reputation, consumer satisfaction, and other proprietary factors specific to each profession. Membership is limited to the Top 100 professionals from each state* in each category of practice who best exhibit excellence and the highest ethical standards in their respective professions. With these high standards, less than 1% of professionals in the United States will be selected for membership as one of America’s Top 100™ in their profession. Membership selection is intended to help the community identify the cream of the crop in each profession and assist with professional networking among the Nation’s top professionals.", Member, America's Top 100 Personal Injury Lawyers, 2020
- Listed as one of "15 Under 40 You Should Know About" , Intermountain Jewish News - "Very Important People", Intermountain Jewish News, 2019
- Top 40 Under 40 Association, National Trial Lawyers
- MoneyGram, 2016
- Frownfelter v. Mazeski; heavily litigated case that involved a motor vehicle collision resulting in spinal injuries; $340,000 settlement, 2020
- Cronan v. American Family Insurance (Arapahoe County District Court): Plaintiff's Verdict, 2016
- Pressey v. Children's Hospital Colorado (Arapahoe County District Court): Plaintiff's Verdict, $17.8 Million, 2015
- America's Top 100 Personal Injury Attorneys , 2020
- Judged mock oral arguments for the Lawyering Process class at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law , 2022
- Faculty, National Institute for Trial Advocacy, 2018
- Member, Lawyer Pilots Bar Association
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, American Association of Justice
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Member, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Member, American Bar Association
- Gave lectures on all facets of trial law and worked one-on-one with students to help prepare them for their final trial. , High School Mock Trial Team Coach, Teacher, 2022
Office location for Sean B. Leventhal
3773 Cherry Creek N Dr
Denver, CO 80209
- Super Lawyers: 2022 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2017 - 2021