Top rated personal injury attorney in Denver, ColoradoDormer Harpring, LLC
Practice Areas: Personal injury, Products liability; view more
Licensed in Colorado since: 2012
Education: University of Colorado Law School
Dormer Harpring, LLC3457 Ringsby Court
Denver, CO 80216 Visit website
If you ask Sean why he does personal injury work, this is the story he tells:
You know, I guess I’ve been picking fights with bullies since I was a kid. I was riding the bus home one day in middle school, and I saw another boy picking on someone about half his size. So, I stood up and told him what I thought of what he was doing. When we got off at our stop, he made it clear to me that we were going to have a fight about it. He was about a head taller than me. I don’t think I won, but I did get him to go away and leave us alone. That was a scary moment for me. But I’ve always been glad I spoke up.
About 20 years later, Sean is picking fights to help people who’ve been hurt due to the irresponsible acts of others. He’s accepted clients who were rejected by multiple other lawyers, brought their cases to trial, and won against long odds. He’s advised his clients to reject unjust settlement offers from some of the world’s largest and most powerful companies and forced those companies to pay far more than they said they would. In 2017, he helped a single mom who was permanently injured get justice from one of the largest grocery store chains in the country. The company offered only $250,000. Sean and his team obtained a jury verdict of $1.77 million. The case settled for $2.1 million after Sean and his team asked the court to add interest and costs and to increase the damages caps.
Sean’s willingness to fight means his clients often don’t have to. Sean and his team recently tried a case against a large insurance company and secured a judgment for hundreds of thousands of dollars – almost triple what the company offered to pay. That company now offers Sean’s other clients fairer settlements.
Sean and his team help people who have been injured in car, bike, vehicle vs. pedestrian, motorcycle, and truck accidents; people injured because of negligent property design, property cleaning, or property maintenance; people injured by dangerous products of all different categories; and people with a multitude of other types of personal injury claims.
Sean has also dedicated himself to helping improve the chances of personal injury victims throughout Colorado. He has accepted multiple invitations to speak about trial techniques at statewide meetings of the Colorado Trial Lawyers’ Association and other groups. He has testified in favor of fairer personal injury laws at the Colorado State Legislature. He loves working with other personal injury lawyers to help their clients achieve full justice, whether it’s talking through complex issues over the phone, sharing data about defense “expert” witnesses, or joining trial teams on tough cases as co-counsel.
But our job isn’t just about the results – our clients have often lost so much more than just the cost of their medical bills or the wages they couldn’t earn because they were hurt. Everyone at Dormer Harpring strives to live a balanced, full life because that’s what allows us to empathize with what our clients are going through. For Sean, the most important things in life are family, the mountains, and music. Sean was born and raised here in Colorado. He cherishes spending time with his wife, son, and their dog and two cats. He loves to do just about anything in the mountains, from rock climbing, mountain biking, and skiing, to fly fishing, hiking, backpacking, and camping. He enjoys riding and working on his motorcycle. He likes to play his guitar and sing, but mostly just to himself.
If you’d like to see about having Sean help with your personal injury case, please give us a call at (303) 756-3812.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff, Personal injury - products: plaintiff
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Dram shop laws, Construction accident, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff, Motor vehicle defects, Medical devices, Pharmaceutical
- 80% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
- 20% Personal injury - products: plaintiff
First Admitted: 2012, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.denvertrial.com/meet-our-attorneys/sean-dormer/
- University of California, Berkeley, Bachelor of Arts
- Cherry Creek High School
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 2012
- Rhone Brackett Inn of Court, 2014
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- American Association for Justice, 2013
- Intro to Dormer Harpring., https://vimeo.com/275334360, 2017
- Kate v. Dillon Companies, Inc. - $1.772 million verdict, resulting in $2.1 million settlement. Slip-and-fall accident in a King Soopers store. Pre-existing pain in same area of the body, one month before accident. Accident-related treatment included two knee surgeries and past and future lumbar spine radiofrequency ablations., 2017
- Schultz v. Fettinger and Landaverde. Low-speed MVC, contested liability, resulting in soft-tissue injuries. Offer of $15k. Tried to jury, resulting in judgment of $263,121.31., 2019
- Aryeetey v. Knowlden. Car crash leading to ongoing pain from soft-tissue injuries. Offer of $250k. Went to trial, won, resulting in judgment of $668,642.72., 2019
- Sean is a member of the Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum. Established in 1993, this is one of the most prestigious groups of trial lawyers in the United States. It’s primary purpose is to recognize the skills, experience and accomplishments of trial lawyers who have won large and complex cases. Its members have won million and multi-million dollar cases on behalf of their clients., Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, 2017
- President of the Student Trial Lawyers Association
- Sean is also recognized as one of The National Trial Lawyers’ Top 40 Under 40 for Personal Injury. Membership is by invitation only and is extended to the most qualified attorneys from each state who demonstrate superior qualifications of leadership, influence, reputation, stature and public profile. It’s mission is to promote progressive ideas to pursue justice for those injured by the negligence of others, to educate the public about the importance of access to courts that are free of bias and undue influence, and to protect the right of trial by jury., Top 40 Under 40, The National Trial Lawyers, 2016
- Public Interest Student Association’s Representative to the Student Bar Association
- Sean was named to the Top 100 High Stakes Litigators in September of 2018. To be considered for selection, an attorney must have litigated (for either plaintiff or defendant) a matter (1) with at least $2,000,000 in alleged damages at stake or (2) with the fate of a business worth at least $2,000,000 at stake. These minimum qualifications are required for initial consideration. Thereafter, candidates are carefully screened through comprehensive Qualitative Comparative Analysis based on a broad array of criteria, including the candidate’s professional experience, litigation experience, significant case results, representative high stakes matters, peer reputation, and community impact in order to rank the candidates throughout the state. Only the top 100 qualifying attorneys in each state will receive this honor and be selected for membership among America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators ® . With these extremely high standards for selection to America’s Top 100 High Stakes Litigators®, less than one-half percent (0.5%) of active attorneys in the United States will receive this honor — truly the most exclusive and elite level of attorneys in the community., America's Top 100 High Stakes Litigators, 2018
- Super Lawyers Rising Stars list, 2018 and 2019
Office location for Sean Dormer
3457 Ringsby Court
Denver, CO 80216
- Rising Stars: 2018 - 2023