Top rated personal injury attorney in Denver, ColoradoDenver Trial Lawyers
A founding partner at Denver Trial Lawyers, Stephen W. Wahlberg focuses his practice exclusively on personal injury and wrongful death litigation. After receiving a Bachelor of Arts from the University of Colorado Boulder in 1978, he went on to pursue his legal education at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law, and in 1981 he was awarded his Juris Doctor. Mr. Wahlberg has been admitted to practice before all Colorado state courts since that year.
Mr. Wahlberg represents people throughout the greater Denver metropolitan area and across the state who have been harmed as the direct result of the negligence or recklessness of other parties. His cases have been predicated on dangerous or defective drugs and other types of products, medical malpractice, auto-pedestrian accidents, sexual assault, airplane crashes, premises liability, and truck and other motor vehicle collisions.
Mr. Wahlberg has been extremely successful in obtaining millions of dollars in compensation for his plaintiff clients through both jury verdicts after lengthy trials and settlements that he has been able to negotiate with defendants and their insurance carriers. Some of his representative results have included $2.1 million in an aviation accident, nearly $9 million for a client who was injured by a drunk driver, $2.6 million in a big rig crash and a $450,000 medical malpractice award.
These and other successes have earned him a membership in the invitation-only Million Dollar Advocates Forum along with a great deal of other recognition from his colleagues. His honors have included an AV Preeminent* peer review rating through Martindale-Hubbell and a 10.0 “Superb” peer review rating through Avvo. In addition, he has been selected for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasPersonal injury - general: plaintiff
Animal bites, Assault, Motor vehicle accidents, Personal injury - plaintiff, Slip and fall, Wrongful death, Brain injury, Sexual abuse - plaintiff, Trucking accidents, Premises liability - plaintiff
- 100% Personal injury - general: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1981, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.denvertriallawyers.com/attorneys/stephen-w-wahlb...
- Top Lawyer – Plaintiff’s Personal Injury,5280 Magazine, 2016 - present
- Professionalism Award, Colorado Defense Lawyers Association, 2019
- Best Lawyers in America, Personal Injury Division
- Best Personal Injury Attorney in Colorado, Law Week Colorado, 2014 and 2016
- AV rating from Martindale-Hubbell
- McDonald v. Horizon Coach Lines
- National Trial Lawyers Care Program
- Trial Lawyers Care, Inc.
- Metro Lawyers Referral Service – Civil Claims, 1981 – 2009
- The University of Colorado at Boulder, B.A.
- Colorado Bar Association, 1981 – Present
- Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, Member
- American Board of Trial Advocates, President, 2008 – 2009
- American Association of Justice
- Lawyer-Pilots Bar Association
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Past President
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Auto Litigation Committee, Co-Chair
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Secretary / Treasurer, 2006 – 2007
- Litigation Counsel of America
- Denver Bar Association, 1981 – Present
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Directors, 2002 – 2009
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Vice-President, 2007 – 2008
- Association of Plaintiff Interstate Trucking Lawyers of America, 2008 – Present
- Voir Dire Opening Statements and Cross Examine, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA), 2004
- Mock Trial – Trial Tactics & Strategies, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association (CTLA), 2005
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Speaker, 2005 – Present
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Speaker – CTLA Convention, 1996, 1998, 2005, 2006, 2007
- Coors Field Escalator Crash Victims
- Columbine High School Shooting Victims
- Flight for Life Plane Crash Victims
Office location for Steve Wahlberg
4601 DTC Boulevard
Denver, CO 80237
- Super Lawyers: 2006 - 2011, 2013 - 2023