Top Rated Alternative Dispute Resolution Attorney in Denver, CO
Attorney Terri Harrington is a shareholder with Harrington Brewster Mahoney Smits, P.C., law firm in Denver, Colorado. Nationally recognized as among the preeminent lawyers in the country, Ms. Harrington has more than 38 years of total legal experience, and she provides unmatched counsel and support to clients throughout the greater Denver metro and across Colorado who are going through divorces or have other serious legal issues affecting their families.
As a family law attorney, Ms. Harrington possesses extensive experience in collaborative law, mediation and conflict coaching, and she has achieved remarkable success helping her clients resolve their conflicts and reach favorable agreements regarding their divorce-related issues in the most efficient and cost-effective manner possible. She routinely conducts lectures across her region on the benefits of using collaboration in divorce situations as opposed to expensive and time-consuming litigation, and she has gained a reputation as a leader in this area of law.
Moreover, Ms. Harrington serves as guest speaker at a number of law schools in her area, and she has facilitated numerous training sessions in the areas of collaborative law, mediation and alternative dispute resolution. She also regularly conducts continuing legal education seminars on a variety of legal topics.
In honor of her impeccable professionalism and outstanding legal abilities, Ms. Harrington has been AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell for more than 10 years now, and she holds a listing in the Martindale-Hubbell Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers. She also received the Pioneer Award from the Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals in 2009 along with many other top rankings and endorsements from her peers. She has a "Superb" rating on Avvo and has received numerous testimonials and referrals from those she has served.
A leader in her field, Ms. Harrington currently serves on the executive council of The Colorado Bar, and she is a board member of the Colorado Collaborative Law Professionals and the Rocky Mountain Collaborative Law Professionals. She began her legal career in 1982 after obtaining her juris doctor degree from the University of Denver Sturm College of Law and her license to practice from The Colorado Bar.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Arbitration, Mediation, Adoption, Alimony & Spousal Support, Child Support, Custody & Visitation, Dissolution, Divorce, Prenuptial Agreements, Marital Property, Mediation & Collaborative Law, Same Sex Family Law
- Super Lawyers: 2016 - 2022
About Terri Harrington
First Admitted: 1982, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.hbmslaw.com/terri-harrington
- Colorado Collaborative Divorce Professionals, past president of the Rocky Mountain Collaborative Law Professionals, a current member of the executive board of the Family Law Section of the Colorado Bar Association, past president of Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee, a member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals, a member of Mediation Association of Colorado, past co-chair of the Colorado Bar’s Task Force on the Uniform Collaborative Law Act
Pro bono/Community Service
- Terri volunteers her time to help couples mediate their divorces and helps them with the divorce filing paperwork.
- 2012-2015Terri is a volunteer mediator for Metro Volunteer Referral Service and the Arapahoe District Court., 2012
- Pioneer Award , Colorado Collaborative Law Professionals, 2007
- AV/Preeminent rating, Martindale Hubble, 2003
- Terri speaks yearly at the Family Law Basic Skills class about Collaborative Law. She teaches the level one Collaborative law training every year. She is a frequent speaker about Collaborative Law at the Family Law Institute., Lecturer, Collaborative Law, Colorado Bar Association, 2010
Last Updated: 5/15/2022