Thomas J. Tomazin
Top Rated Professional Liability Attorney in Denver, CO
Thomas J. Tomazin is an attorney at Tomazin Law Group, LLP, in Denver, Colorado. Mr. Tomazin focuses his practice on personal injury, particularly the area of dental malpractice, and is a known authority in this area. His clients come from Denver, the Front Range and throughout the state of Colorado.
Mr. Tomazin has more than 45 years of experience litigating countless malpractice and injury cases. In honor of his accomplishments, he was presented a Lifetime Achievement Award by the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association in 2016.
Before forming Tomazin Law Group, LLP, Mr. Tomazin served as Assistant Attorney General at Colorado’s Office of the Attorney General and then practiced at a law firm in Englewood, Colorado. He formed Tomazin J. Tomazin PC in 1983 and Tomazin Law Group, LLP, in 2021.
Active in the Arapahoe County Bar Association, Mr. Tomazin has served in various leadership roles for the Association over the years, including President, President Elect, Secretary, Treasurer and on the Board of Directors. He was the Chairperson of the Association’s Speakers Bureau for over 15 years. Mr. Tomazin was awarded the Martin P. Miller Lifetime Achievement Award in 2019.
In addition, Mr. Tomazin is a member of the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association and sits on the Board of Directors of the organization. He also belongs to the Colorado Bar Association and American Association for Justice.
In 2019, Mr. Tomazin was selected and elected to be a Member of the American Board of Trial Advocates. In 2021 he was selected as part of a Committee to present "Civility Matters" to the students and faculty of the University of Colorado School of Law and the Sturm College of Law of University of Denver.
Mr. Tomazin received a Bachelor’s Degree in finance from the University of Colorado Boulder, and earned his law degree from the Sturm College of Law of University of Denver. A licensed attorney since 1974, he is qualified to practice before all Colorado state courts and the U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado.
About Thomas J. Tomazin
First Admitted: 1974, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.thedenverinjurylawfirm.com/About-Our-Firm/Thomas...
- Contributing Author, Colorado Courtroom Handbook for Civil Trials, 2016 Edition
- Shepard v. Wilhelm, 41 Colo. App. 403, 591 P.2d 1039 (Colo. App. 1978) (1978)
- Newell v. Engle, 899 P.2d 245 (Colo. 1992) (1992)
- Daugherty v. Allstate, Ins. Co., 55 P.3d 224 (Colo. App. 2002) (2002)
- Koh v. Kumar, 207 P.3d 900 (Colo. App. 2009) (2009)
- Smith v. Jeppsen, 227 P.3d 224,CO 32 (2012) (2012)
- University of Colorado, Boulder, B.S., Bachelor of Science, School of Business, Major: Finance, Major: Real Estate, 1970
- The Martin P. Miller Lifetime Achievement Award, Arapahoe County Bar Association, 2019
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association Lifetime Achievement Award, 2016, Kenneth Norman Kripke Lifetime Achievement Award, Colorado Trial Lawyers Association , 2016
- American Board of Trial Advocates, 2019
- Colorado Bar Association, Board of Governors, 2010 - 2011
- Arapahoe County Bar Association, Board of Director, 1995 - 2013
- Arapahoe County Bar Association, Secretary, 2007 - 2008
- Arapahoe County Bar Association, Treasurer, 2008 - 2009
- Arapahoe County Bar Association, President Elect, 2009 - 2010
- American Association for Justice, 1977 - Present
- Arapahoe County Bar Association, President, 2010 - 2011
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, Board of Director, 2004 - Present
- Arapahoe County Bar Association, Chairperson Speakers Bureau, 1995 - Present
- Arapahoe Bar Association, 1977 - Present
- Colorado Bar Association, 1977 - Present
- U.S. District Court District of Colorado, 1974
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 1977 - Present
- Colorado, 1974
Last Updated: 5/15/2022