Valeri S. Pappas
Top rated securities litigation attorney in Denver, ColoradoDavis & Ceriani, P.C.
Attorney Valeri Pappas is the managing partner of Davis & Ceriani in Denver, Colorado. Ms. Pappas's experience as a litigator includes securities litigation, employment law, complex commercial litigation, personal injury and general civil litigation.
Ms. Pappas has two decades of experience practicing law in Colorado including jury trials, arbitration and mediation.
Ms. Pappas also assists both employers and employees on matters such as dispute resolution, drafting and negotiating severance agreements, non-compete agreements and other workplace and employment issues.
An AV Preeminent* rated attorney from the peer review organization Martindale-Hubbell, Ms. Pappas is also a member of the Bar Register of Preeminent Women Lawyers.
Ms. Pappas taught as an Adjunct Professor at Colorado Law School in 2019. She currently serves as the Vice-Chair of the Board of Directors for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Denver and serves on the Board of the Colorado Women's Bar Foundation. Ms. Pappas also serves on the Executive Litigation Council for the Colorado Bar Association. She formerly served on the Board of Advisers of ACE Scholarships. She continues to serve as a volunteer faculty member at the National Institute for Trial Advocacy and is a member of the Denver Bar Association, the Colorado Bar Association, the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association and the Colorado Women’s Bar Association.
Ms. Pappas graduated magna cum laude from The University of Vermont with a bachelor’s degree and received her law degree from the University of Colorado Law School. She joined Davis & Ceriani as an associate in 1999. She became a partner in 2005 and later became a managing partner in 2015.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Rating™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.
Practice areasSecurities litigation, Employment & labor: employee, Business litigation, Civil litigation: plaintiff
Employment law - employee, Wage & hour laws, Whistleblower, Sexual harassment, Trade secret, Non-compete agreements
- 40% Securities litigation
- 30% Employment & labor: employee
- 20% Business litigation
- 10% Civil litigation: plaintiff
First Admitted: 1998, Colorado
Professional Webpage: https://www.davisandceriani.com/pappas.html
- Colorado Super Lawyers “Rising Star” and 5280 Top Lawyer
- Best Lawyers List, 2020, Best Lawyers 2020, 2019
- Recognized in the Top 100 lawyer and Top 50 Women lawyer categories
- Multiple confidential settlements in high dollar litigations over the past ten years.
- Jury verdict of over $18,000,000 for a Colorado Springs family in a personal injury case., 2008
- University of Colorado School of Law, Law Review Associate Editor, 1998
- University of Michigan Honors Program, 1991
- B.A. in Environmental Studies, University of Vermont. Magna Cum Laude, Phi Beta Kappa, 1995
- Faculty Member, NITA Immigration Advocacy Program, 2017
- Presented on an Ethics Panel at the Rocky Mountain Securities Conference., Faculty, Rocky Mountain Securities Conference, 2019
- Adjunct Professor at University of Colorado Law School – Technical & Engineering Knowledge in Litigation, Fall 2019, Adjunct Professor, 2019
- Examining the Title VII Ellerth/Faragher AffirmativeDefense in the “Me Too” Era, "Examining the Title VII Ellerth/Faragher Affirmative Defense in the "Me Too" Era, Trial Talk December/January 2019, 2019
- Taught at the NITA Rocky Mountain Institute for Public Interest Lawyers, Faculty Member, NITA Public Interest Trial Skills , National Institute Of Trial Advocacy, 2018
- Published in Trial Talk June/July 2008., “Workplace Bullying Legislation - A Primer for Colorado Employers and Employees”
- Faculty Member, NITA Public Legal Services Trial Advocacy Program, 2015
- Faculty Member , NITA Rocky Mountain Building Trial Skills Program, 2019
- Faculty Member, Building Trial Skills, National Institute Of Trial Advocacy, 2017
- Adjunct Professor, Colorado Law School, 2019
- Member of the Executive Litigation Council of the Colorado Bar Association, 2020
- Faculty member at the National Institute for Trial Advocacy (NITA) since 2015, teaching annually at the Rocky Mountain Building Trial Skills program, as well as additional programs teaching trial skills to public interest and immigration attorneys
- Member of the Board of Directors of the Boys and Girls Club of Metro Denver -- October 2017 to the present
- Member of ACE Scholarships Board of Advisors
- Member of Leadership Denver 2017 class, 2017
- Associate Board, Boys and Girls Club of Metro Denver , 2007
- Attorney Mentor for CAMP (Colorado Attorney Mentoring Program), 2016
- Colorado Women's Bar Foundation Board of Directors, 2017
- Sam Carey Bar Association Denver, 2020
- American Association for Justice Member, 2020
- American Bar Association, 2020
- Colorado Women’s Bar Association
- Colorado and Denver Bar Associations, 1998
- Colorado Women's Bar Association, 2009
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association, 2008
Office location for Valeri S. Pappas
1600 Stout St
Denver, CO 80202
- Super Lawyers: 2015 - 2023
- Rising Stars: 2010 - 2013